Backpack - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By elk yinzer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Backpack

Fellas, I’m looking for a decent backpack that isn’t too big, but one I can strap my bow on while climbing. I’m looking to get away from pull up ropes. Thx!!!

Camp life,it don't get much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

have you ever think about putting a rifle sling on it ,if it has the necessary hole for one. we have a Tenpoint crossbow that we have a sling on. works well for us. good luck on your search and on your decision
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 10:26 AM

Look at the Bow Spider if you want hands free. I just saw this thing, they are not cheap for what amounts to some plastic and a small mount on your bow but it sure looked slick. I am thinking of building something like this to allow me to be hands free while climbing, I like it.

https://bowspider.com/

I bought a pack off Natchezss last year I really liked too, the storage on this pack is awesome, the material is a bit noisy but it has carry handles on three sides, molle loops, I just like it, others may opt to spend more. Link to the pack Below

https://www.natchezss.com/natchez-ex...land-camo.html

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 10:54 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

You can do it with pretty much any pack that has straps across the outside. I climb with a Badlands Pursuit, an older version of the Cabelas Scout Pack (new one doesn't look compatible), and an older version of the Cabelas Bow & Rifle Pack. Bow & Rifle Pack is a little big for the stand, but I still use it if I'm packing in layers. I usually put the bow upside down and run one strap through the strings and under the string guide for vertical support and the lower strap just goes through the string and around the riser for lateral support.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 12:36 PM
Part of the Community

PM sent
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 10:36 PM

Hey like that Natchezss back pack, but for another reason...it actually has zip up pockets on the sides.... a rare thing anymore.....One of things I must have...I don't need a bottle holder or open net pockets. I am also open for alternate methods of carrying a bow hands free and also climbing sticks.....

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 11:06 PM

It's impossible to give a good recco on a backpack without some details.

You just want to carry your bow up the tree? I totally agree get a sling.

You looking to get into a western style frame pack? A whole bunch of variables to consider.

You really just want to strap your bow to any old pack? Take any backpack you have to a seamstress and have them sew two horizontal 1" webbing straps into it.
NorthernPotterCo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page