Chair for ground hunting suggestions.. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Chair for ground hunting suggestions..

Yesterday with the East winds, none of my stand preset stands worked so I hunted on the ground for the first time in a very long time. I put on my ASAT 3-D leafy suit and sat in an overgrown golden rod field at a transition line with pines. I found out very quickly that my Walmart $10 folding chair is very uncomfortable and is not gonna work. Ended up kneeling for most of the sit. I need a chair thatís easily packable and not noisy/squeaky. Also, while weíre on the topic for ground hunting, I think Iím gonna pick up a third hand man parallel limb ground hunter, unless there is something else someone can suggest. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:09 PM

Back when my father was still living and hunting with me he could no longer manage to go into my treestands. I picked up a seat that strapped to the tree at ground level and it really saved the day for a few years.

Most places handle them by one manufaturer or another, just be sure the one you buy doesn't damage the tree and you should be able to use it anywhere. They weigh under 5 lbs, and the tree strap can double as a carry strap.

Hope that helps out.
NorthernPotterCo likes this.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:14 PM
Banned

Sportsman's Guide sells a small swivel chair that is padded, I replaced my favorite folding chair with t in my new tower stand because I can put it in the middle of the floor and just turn with my feet with no movement other than that. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...nting%20chairs
I have the second one but there is a lot to choose from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I `ve seen five gallon buckets with a swivel seat on top . storage inside for what ever you need it for ,light weight . I also agree with the two other posts on what to try
flintlock hunter likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:11 PM

My 5 gal. swivel bucket is too noisy.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:33 PM

If you have some trees a Dead ringer hammock seat. Fits in you pack and is comfortable.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
If you have some trees a Dead ringer hammock seat. Fits in you pack and is comfortable.
He is talking about a ground blind.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tca126 View Post
Yesterday with the East winds, none of my stand preset stands worked so I hunted on the gsForround for the first time in a very long time. I put on my ASAT 3-D leafy suit and sat in an overgrown golden rod field at a transition line with pines. I found out very quickly that my Walmart $10 folding chair is very uncomfortable and is not gonna work. Ended up kneeling for most of the sit. I need a chair thatís easily packable and not noisy/squeaky. Also, while weíre on the topic for ground hunting, I think Iím gonna pick up a third hand man parallel limb ground hunter, unless there is something else someone can suggest. Thanks
For many years I have used a folding lawn chair spray painted camouflage. Folds, light to carry, comfortable. Position your self with expected shooting lane on the side your support arm can use the armrest to aid shooting. It puts you at a better level to see than sitting on a ground cushion and is many times more comfortable. Still, is important, comfortable allows still.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tca126 View Post
Yesterday with the East winds, none of my stand preset stands worked so I hunted on the gsForround for the first time in a very long time. I put on my ASAT 3-D leafy suit and sat in an overgrown golden rod field at a transition line with pines. I found out very quickly that my Walmart $10 folding chair is very uncomfortable and is not gonna work. Ended up kneeling for most of the sit. I need a chair thatís easily packable and not noisy/squeaky. Also, while weíre on the topic for ground hunting, I think Iím gonna pick up a third hand man parallel limb ground hunter, unless there is something else someone can suggest. Thanks
For many years I have used a folding lawn chair spray painted camouflage. Folds, light to carry, comfortable. Position your self with expected shooting lane on the side your support arm can use the armrest to aid shooting. It puts you at a better level to see than sitting on a ground cushion and is many times more comfortable. Still, is important, comfortable allows still.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 PM
The Man

I have used a 5 gal. bucket covered with a burlap bag and also the folding lawn chair with burlap.I hunt corn fields and get deer REAL close.Last year in early muzzy season was the closest.Had a 6pt at 2 corn rows.He looked right at me and never knew I was there.

The answers to all of life's questions are found in the Bible!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page