Diamond infinite edge or bear cruzer g2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Diamond infinite edge or bear cruzer g2

My so is getting very interested in shooting archery more. He has a youth bow but it’s not much more than a toy. I’m looking and at seems the two most popular are the cruzer and the infinite edge. Among the kids at 4H the edge is more popular but the kids using them are mostly related so if may be a family opinion. I am no expert archer and my hoyt is nearly 20 years old, so I’m not up on any new archery tech. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these two bows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
My so is getting very interested in shooting archery more. He has a youth bow but itís not much more than a toy. Iím looking and at seems the two most popular are the cruzer and the infinite edge. Among the kids at 4H the edge is more popular but the kids using them are mostly related so if may be a family opinion. I am no expert archer and my hoyt is nearly 20 years old, so Iím not up on any new archery tech. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these two bows?

My son has an infinite Edge. It is a nice bow and has worked well. He has had it for a few years. Not sure now if there may be something better out there.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:05 AM
dce

My son had an infinite edge.It was fine but I upgraded him to a Bowtech fuel.Just as much adjustability but 10X the bow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:34 AM
New Arrival

When looking for a bow for our son we looked at the Mission Craze, Hoyt Ignite, and the Infinite Edge. Ended up with the Hoyt per the recommendation from the bow shop. Now Hoyt replaced it with a new model called the "Klash". We felt better putting more money in a bow that will last him a very long time. It is a quality bow with all of the adjustability he needs as he grows.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:00 AM
dce

I can't believe more people don't look at the Bowtech fuel.For the money,it can't be beat.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

I’ll have to look at a few of these other bows mentioned. I guess I should mention my son is 8 and not a large 8. The actual weight of the bow is defiantly something to be considered. A guy from work told me his brother had a couple youth bows that his kids used for one summer a couple years ago and it gave up so he may be willing to sell. I see tons of the edge for sale online used and that wouldn’t bother me if I can check it out first and I can save some cash. I don’t want to cheap out but don’t really want to break the bank either, for a first bow.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:01 PM
dce

My son's first bow was a diamond nuclear ice.It was very small and light.I bought him an infinite edge when he was probably 8.It was a decent bow but not even in the same league as the Bowtech fuel.The fuel is a light enough for an 8 year old.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Regular Visitor

The Infinite Edge is a great bow for an 8-year old. I've got 15 year-olds shooting 260+ scores with that bow (though I wish they'd upgrade to something with a harder back wall). But for your archer, it's a fine choice.

Not overly impressed with the Cruzer.

The Old Dutchman

Last edited by Old Dutchman; 03-04-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: clarifying
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dutchman View Post
The Infinite Edge is a great bow for an 8-year old. I've got 15 year-olds shooting 260+ scores with that bow (though I wish they'd upgrade to something with a harder back wall). But for your archer, it's a fine choice.

This will be where my lack of experience shows, what is meant when you say a harder back wall?
I believe I read there was an upgrade in the back wall of the infinite edge pro but I have no idea what that means.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:42 PM
dce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dutchman View Post

That's where the fuel shines.It's a binary cam so it has a very solid back wall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page