Diamond infinite edge or bear cruzer g2 - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:43 PM
dce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
This will be where my lack of experience shows, what is meant when you say a harder back wall?
I believe I read there was an upgrade in the back wall of the infinite edge pro but I have no idea what that means.
It just means that there's no creep or play in the back wall.The back wall sucked on the infinite edge.That was my main reason for getting my son a different bow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
This will be where my lack of experience shows, what is meant when you say a harder back wall?
I believe I read there was an upgrade in the back wall of the infinite edge pro but I have no idea what that means.
It just means that there's no creep or play in the back wall.The back wall sucked on the infinite edge.That was my main reason for getting my son a different bow.
back wall is full draw?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:28 PM
New Arrival

That's why we went with the Hoyt when my son was 8... we wanted a bow with adjustability that was a quality piece of hunting and shooting equipment. It hasn't disappointed yet. It is holding up well over time. We wanted to spend our money once. As I recall, the Hoyt Ignite we bought was shorter axle to axle than some of the others. This helped him to handle and control the bow when he was first shooting. All of the bows mentioned are ok. There is no bad or wrong choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

. Still have the edge? If it sucked that bad I could take it off your hands, free of charge!😜

We just started looking so I have no idea where we will end up or his real interest level. He sees the kids shooting at 4h when we go for air rifle and starts asking. As soon as the weather breaks a little I get him back our with his little bear scout to see if he stays into it.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:32 AM
dce

I actually gave it away.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I actually gave it away.
I am always a day late!

It seems from those I’ve talked to the edge pro is much better than the edge. I’m still looking and researching. I’m in no hurry.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:35 AM
dce

I know I keep harping on the fuel but it's such a nice bow for kids,that I can't believe everyone isn't buying them.The fuel was a proven killer in 2018
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180929_084257.jpg (1.34 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20181006_082100.jpg (1.20 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20181111_110144.jpg (1.38 MB, 6 views)
bigguy54, BillHjr and RacksnQuacks like this.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 PM
The Man

I don,t know what the price is currently on the bows mentioned.But I bought my son the Edge when they first came out and that bow is a killing machine.He has dropped tons of Deer with it and is almost 21 and I see no reason he would have to upgrade.It fits the bill and is highly adjustable.I would imagine the Pro model would be a good upgrade.But for a good ole huntin bow the original gets the job done.
bigguy54 likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:46 PM
Part of the Community

Kinda late to this thread, but....

The new diamond infinite edge “pro” has an improved back wall. It is certainly not rock solid like my bow, but with the amount of adjustment it’s a pretty good compromise.

My 9yo has been shooting a Mission Menace for a few years. My 7yo has the newer Infinite edge.

As much as it pains this Mathews shooter to say, I think the Diamond is quite a bit nicer.

I would not hesitate to buy another for a youngster. I probably would not get one for a teenager/adult as I feel you loose somethings with all the flexibility the Diamond offers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page