Sight Recommendations - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Sight Recommendations

I have a $40 truglo four pin sight I have been using for well over a decade. With getting older my eyesight isn’t what it once was and my shooting has declined some because of it. Not trying to make it out that I am way off but I am definitely not as accurate as I was 5 years ago. Thinking of switching to a single pin sight. Having extra pins in the sight picture seem to be throwing me off a bit and under certain conditions I get a glare. Can anyone suggest a good sight ? What are the pros and cons of using a single pin ? I also welcome any suggestions other than a single pin sight. Looking to keep it under $150.
Thanks

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:24 PM

Which ever sight you decide on, make sure it has 0.010 pin. If you are looking to do any longer shooting such as 3D it is a must. The larger pin obscures bullseye.
steelhead125 likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 PM
dce
Sage

I've had a bunch over the years but recently put an IQ 3 pin micro on my bow.It's the real deal.
steelhead125 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:01 PM
dce
Sage

Everyone's perspective is different I went back and fourth between a single pin slider and a 3 pin fixed over the years but always went back to the 3 pin.I have a Black Gold single pin ascent sitting around collecting dust.
steelhead125 likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADMAN View Post
Which ever sight you decide on, make sure it has 0.010 pin. If you are looking to do any longer shooting such as 3D it is a must. The larger pin obscures bullseye.

Try using your pins the way you do a 6 oclock iron sight picture. Can use any size pin this way.
tdd and steelhead125 like this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:21 PM

Try the new Tru Glo Range Rover Pro adjustable single dot sight. Has a 7 brightness adjustable illuminated dot in the center. Has around 80 different sight yardage tapes with it to be able to calibrate to nearly any bow out there.. I like the one I just got and the different brightness setting make it great from daylight till pitch black out... good luck
steelhead125 likes this.

Concept Archery Shooter.....99% Letoff
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:29 AM

I like the CBE sights / pins. The SL4 is a nice sight for the money. And with those sights, the .019 is fine for whatever you are shooting IMO.

As for the multiple pins, I recently had to add a verifier to my peep. The pins were getting blurry and looking very large. Making the pin gap look closer than it was.

If you want to step up a notch, the TL3 is a movable multiple pin sight...best of both worlds.
steelhead125 likes this.

Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've been using HHA single slider sights for almost 20 years now and I like them. I have an Optima Lite on my Heli M and a Kingpin Lite on my Vertix. Of course it's personal preference.
steelhead125 likes this.

An archer shoots his targets as far as he can. A bowhunter shoots his target as close as possible.

Mathews Vertix - Catfish Custom Bowstrings - HHA Kingpin Lite
QAD MXT - Wickstick Stabilizers - Bowfinger Ulitmate Mount
Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Platinum - Carter 1st Choice
https://buckstick.com/
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:55 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Another vote for HHA.

I have one on both my bows and have been using their products for at least 20 years at this point.

Love their sights.
Mark Ramela and steelhead125 like this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 08:24 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I prefer the HHA single .010 pin in the 2 inch housing for deer. The 2 inch housing gives you more fiber optics, a larger field of view and aligns better in a 1/4 peep for hunting. Single pins aren't for everyone and you have to know your bow and how to hold in situations when a deer is moving. Been using one for years and always set mine at 25 yards or 20 in some set ups and have never had to move it to kill a deer. If you set it at 25 yards that will take care of any deer that's under your tree to 35 yards or so without moving it and that's 99% of your shoots in Pa. Anything longer than that I would use a range finder on the deer and move the pin accordingly.
Mark Ramela and tdd like this.

The older I get the better I was.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page