Hecs hunting suits - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By curverbowruss
  • 2 Post By Takemrarely

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Hecs hunting suits

Anyone use these outfits? Thought of getting the whole outfit. Are they worth the money and do they really work.. thanks for reading.

Concept Archery Shooter.....99% Letoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Part of the Community

If I told you, I know the "magic" needed to kill a buck.
But, itll cost you 179.00$.

Would you pay me?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 01:52 PM
dce

The stuff is like wearing a Harry Potter invisible cloak.I just walk up to them and stab em in the jugular now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 10:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have a close friend who spent the money on a HECS suit. Now--I honestly looked at it, and the material is paper thin, and in my honest opinion poor quality. I however will not make fun of him for buying it.
Heres the thing folks--We as hunters are being bombarded with all kinds of items that promise to replace skill with technology.
We see, and read along with hear about garments, sprays that promise to be able to aid in defeating, or at least trying to defeat a game animals sense of smell. Our industry is loaded with items that in all honesty cannot be proven to work 100%.
We--us--take the bait, and buy this stuff. We even allow it to boost our confidence, and think it "may" work. In the end we can't really tell if it does, or doesn't work.
Most of this stuff in the end does nothing more than separate us from our money. Those who market the stuff get rich, and we get poorer.
As to my friend, and his HECS suit--He has been busted just as many tmes with it, as without it. Deer get down wind, or close enough to suspect things are just not right, and SNORT--HUFF--BLOW, and they are out of there.
My advice after well over 40 years of hunting. You simply cannot replace good woodsmanship skills with technology.
All we can do is try to keep our scent, movement to a minimum, and play the wind while hunting. It has worked for not just me, but many, and most hunters who have been at this for many years.
Forget the HECS suit, and put your money back in your wallet. I have seen first hand enough to show me that it simply doesn't do anything--at least in my mind. Keep in mind that this is just one mans opinion. In the end you will be the judge, and make the ultimate decision to buy it, try it, or just walk away.
Me, and this is just me--Most of this stuff is just better left on the store shelves, and racks. Get out there , and hunt using good old common sense tactics that have worked for centuries, and enjoy yourself.
Six-Gun likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 08:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Like curverbowruss said, just like most of the scent control products on the market, it's just another scam. I've had deer within single digit feet of me without any kind of electromagnetic field mitigation suit. If the wind is right, you'll be alright. You're better off simply playing the wind and simply hunting smart than trying to replace woodsmandship with technology that tries to defeat a deer's senses.

Last edited by Six-Gun; 12-14-2018 at 08:46 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 06:36 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I'm wearing my Hechs hunting suit right now, and I am not standing anywhere near you................

....or am I?
Six-Gun and ShedSeeker like this.

“I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page