ozonics 300 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By troutdoorsmen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

ozonics 300

Hey I am considering buying an ozonics unit for this coming hunting season. I was hoping to gather some insight about the ozonics from people who have real hunting experience with using them. Anything will be good, obviously their pretty pricey and I'm nervous about making the investment without any knowledge beforehand. Are they quiet, do they make noise while operating, do deer hear anything from the unit. I'm especially curious if the deer have any reaction to the ozone itself, I hunt public land and the deer are skittish to say the least so if there's any negative reactions to the unit I'd really like to hear about it.
Thanks, any feedback is good whether it's positive or negative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Part of the Community

I bought a generic ozone generator to "wash" my clothes on hunting trips. I can say that when I open my tote I definitely notice a slight odor from the ozone. It dissipates quickly but definitely noticeable. It has worked great on "washing" my clothes, some of them have been pretty rough and it takes the smell away completely. That being said, having noticed the slight odor when opening my tote, I have stayed away from buying a unit to hunt with. I do not know if this helps you at all, hopefully others can weigh in on actual field use.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 05:35 PM
dce
Sage

Ozone definately kills odors.That can't be disputed and It will work to descent your cloth.Whether it would work or not in a treestand I have no idea.I do know that I wouldn't even consider breathing that stuff in for hours at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

With a $9.99 tote from Walmart, an electric ozonater from Amazon at $40.00, and a $5.00 piece of adhesive weather stripping, my son made one similar to the $250.00 models for sale. We put one of my T-shirts in it after I worked all day in 90* heat. In 30 minutes you could not smell human odors. I figure for around $60.00 it's worth a shot.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Part of the Community

I personally would never consider spending any money on that stuff. Just leave your clothes outside on the porch when not hunting and keep them in a sealed bag when driving to and from your hunting spot. Doing this has resulted in 20 archery bucks in a row the last 20 years with 6 of them over 120". Set up your stands according to the prevailing wind direction. If you cover your skin up with gloves and a face mask that you have hung outside for weeks, and the wind blows over the exterior of your clothes, there is a decent chance a deer won't pick up on that, a chance that is likely the same as if you use "ozonics" to try and mask your scent.
PAtradarcher likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have used many options out there to make sure I am undetectable in the woods. The rule from my first day of hunting was to leave my cloths outside and get dressed with my mildly dam clothing that was freezing. At least that what was done at dads cabin during rifle season. Now that I archery hunt and I have my own family. I find my time limited. So I want to make every hunt count. I started with clean cloths that was washed in a non uv enhancing sport wash. Then follow up with a field spray. Now this was years ago, before these well establish scent and uv control systems were out. I would hunt the wind. But as we all know. Deer go where they please. I would still get busted. So I got more serious. I started a whole system 3 years ago. With storage, cleaning and field scent control. It went like this. Wash the washing machine with dead down wind empty. Then wash hunting cloths and then dry. Store in a air tight tote with a few pine branches. Then the night before a hunt I would spray the whole truck seat and floor and everything. Then when I got to the field I would spray everything down and go in. I would still get busted. Not as often, but things were still not as good as they could be. So I did my research and found out that ozone actually does destroy odor. So I took the dive. I bought a scent crusher closet. I have to say out of all the gear I have bought though out the year, this is the best. Now I bought the closet because ozone is is bad for you. I would never sit in a blind or in a tree with one, like an ozonics. So I sort all my clothes in the closet and keep up with my dead down wind routine. But before every hunt I zap the cloths for 15 minutes and after each hunt I zap them again.

Why do I believe in it?!?! Because I have been covered up in deer so many times since I have used this. And I haven't even had a deer try to wind me, they didn't lift a nose to smell for me. Not a foot stomp not a tail flick, they never knew I was there. I was astonished. I have not gotten busted due to odor since I have started using this. I shot my buck last year with at least 8 other deer with in 25 yards of me. I mean eyes everywhere. I even had a spike at the bottom of my stand for a good 5 minutes before I had a shot. Then on to tracking, field dressing, dragging and loading. After all of that I put my cloths back in the closet and boom, no smell. No blood, no sweat, no bo, no deer smell. Nothing.

I do cover up completely. I am essentially going into the wood with ozone impregnated gear. But take it as you please. Some guys smoke on the stand. I don't know. But I have to make every hunt count. Between football games and field hockey and dance classes. My kids keep my schedule full. I woudn't have it any other way. But when I walk into the woods. I want to have every advantage I can. That's why I use it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page