2018 Hoyt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

2018 Hoyt

Well im retiring my Trykon and going to get the new hoyt REDWRX carbon ulta which will probably be my last bow to finish my bowhunting career. If any you guys shoot it tell me what you like and dislike ill be getting it early summer thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 09:48 PM

I been looking into the new Hoytís myself and they say they are smokiní bows. Iím thinking of getting one myself. You gonna trade in the Trykon? They were awesome bows too. Good luck

Concept Archery Shooter.....99% Letoff
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

i ll either trade it or sell it i really like my Trykon its the 75Th edtion model and is one of the quietest bows i ever shot. I shot the Defiant this past fall and it was really nice,it just sat in my hand after shot really nice bow. The only thing thats worrying me is the brace height on these new bows. I would prefer a 6 3/4 min or 7 so im not sure what i should get. I shoot 62lbs but was amazed with the Defiant on how much smoother it was and i think i could probably shoot it at 65lb with no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 07:25 PM
New Arrival

Have had one ordered now going on 5 weeks. Hopefully should be here soon. Each year you wonder how they can improve them but Hoyt managed to go above and beyond with the RX1. Very smooth draw cycle and a solid back wall. Once I shot it there was no going back.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Which RX1 did you shoot? and have you shot the Defiant,if so did you think there's much difference ?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:41 PM
New Arrival

Shot the carbon RX1 Ultra. Been shooting the Nitrum 34 for the last few years with no complaints, nice bow and I shoot it well. No intent on buying a new bow because you always think, how much can they really improve them? This year Hoyt knocked it out of the park. Smooth draw cycle and valley with a solid back wall that doesn't feel like it wants to jump out your hand.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Whats your opinion on these short brace heights on these new bows,thats the only thing that scares me about dropping that $ on one. The guy at the shop told me its not like it use to be with new bows.and i seen that Pete Shepley guy state the same thing about that subject on PSEs
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:57 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

I'm kinda afraid to check one out, to be honest. I like my 2016 Defiant a lot.....I'm curious how the REDWRX compares, but then I'd have to sell my 2009 Bowtech Captain, which honestly is a better bow than what I'd get for it would be worth to me, if that makes sense.

I'm curious about the WRX but not sure I should shoot/handle one, lol.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Well i went to the outdoor show and shot the WRX turbo and the ultra and they are nice bows for sure but the new Elite which i shot also was one nice bow maybe the best bow i ever shot. What i liked about the Ritual was they changed the grip which felt really good in my hand and its a very quiet bow and it hard to explain but it felt different when you released the shot like nothing was there which i liked. I also liked the longer brace height on this bow and when you consider the price difference by the time you get all the accessories Im leaning toward getting this bow. I shot it at 65 lb which i had no trouble with but i don t by a new bow every other yr and will keep it for at least 10 to 12 yrs so im leaning toward a 60 lb pull to compensate for age so i guess i ll have to figure it out or i might just get it at 65 and wing it if i have problems later and see whats out there when that time comes,either way if your in the market for a new bow i suggest shooting this bow you may like it.
Buckeroo likes this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukehunter3 View Post
Well im retiring my Trykon and going to get the new hoyt REDWRX carbon ulta which will probably be my last bow to finish my bowhunting career. If any you guys shoot it tell me what you like and dislike ill be getting it early summer thanks
If you go to Archerytalk Archery & Bowhunting News Bowhunting archerytalk.com you can read a lot of reviews on that bow ! Hope this helps ! Go to the brand specific and scroll down to Hoyt !

Blend in or go hungry !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page