Lone Wolf sit & climb wide Treestand - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Lone Wolf sit & climb wide Treestand

I have the older 3 year old sit and climb, did anyone get the new wider sit and climb, and is it worth the extra 40-50 dollars more for the 3'' I think it is. Thanks

Having one child makes you a parent; having two makes you a referee... Take your kid's hunting!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lone Wolf sit & climb wide Treestand

I do not. I am 265 dry weight (add all my hunting clothes and I am about 285). I bought the wide sit and climb top and sold the regular sit and climb top (I started out with the hand climber). I took it out last week exactly one time. That top flexed and "squeaked" every time I stood up or sat down. I am now back to the hand climber top and an extra pad for the seat.

Your mileage may vary depending on your weight. I hate to do it, but I will put my wide top up for sale. If, after my negative review, you are interested in mine, pm me. However, I would not recommend it based on a heavy hunter using it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
dce
Sage

I bought the new wide seat two weeks ago.I took the original seat off and replaced it with a summit.The first day I used it,I killed a nice eight point with it.I didn't notice any squeaks or noise and the extra room and summit seat made it the nicest stand I've ever used.I used it for the second time this past saturday.Once again,it worked perfect,with no noise and excellent comfort.I personally think it's a huge step up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Frequent Contributor

DCE, I wish mine was quiet. I will try one more time with it before casting it away for good. I was really surprised, and not in the good way, with the groaning and flexing of the wide top. I need to get it figured out before gun season. If not, I may just sell it and get a treewalker.

Never thought I'd see the day I'd be down about lone wolf.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
dce
Sage

Anything mechanical can fail.A couple weeks ago,my old top gave away and bent as I was climbing down.I sent it back to LW and they're taking care of me.Spend some time trying to figure out where the noise is coming from or sent it back.I bet they make it right.I bought a pretty expensive Summit eagle rs hang on stand this year.It's great in every way except it has some squeaks.I'll play around with it this spring and see if I can work the bugs out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce
Anything mechanical can fail.A couple weeks ago,my old top gave away and bent as I was climbing down.I sent it back to LW and they're taking care of me.Spend some time trying to figure out where the noise is coming from or sent it back.I bet they make it right.I bought a pretty expensive Summit eagle rs hang on stand this year.It's great in every way except it has some squeaks.I'll play around with it this spring and see if I can work the bugs out.
Wide sit-n-climb is packed up for afternoon hunt. I sat in it in my yard this am. Could not re-create the squeaks. I may have cinched the stabilizer straps too tight. I'll see what pans out today.

Looks like we have similar setups. Climber - lone wolf, hang on - summit rs Eagle. Only had the rs Eagle out once to test it (plan on using it for all day sits during gun / flinter when a climber will not do). I did not use the self tapping screws to screw in the seat. What I do is to get a very short bungee and then bungee the 2 straps from the seat (while in the posts) together. It keeps the straps from sliding off the post. The positive for me is that I can change sitting position at will. The treestand packs smaller without the seat being permanently attached.

I also have a tree saddle that has gotten some good usage this archery season. I will use it this Thurs / Fri and Sat. I will try it out late season and see how well I can handle the cold with it.

If you have any tips/tricks with the rs Eagle, please do share them. I cannot find too much on this treestand.

Regards.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Frequent Contributor

For the wide sit-n-climb ...

Well, the stabilizer straps were loose, and that is what caused the squeaks while on stand. I tightened them up and no longer had the squeaks while on stand. However, while climbing up/down the seat portion squeaked and flexed every time. I was afraid that it was going to give way every step of the climb. In a word, disappointed.

Looks like I will look to the summit goliath or the treewalker.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce
... I bought a pretty expensive Summit eagle rs hang on stand this year...
FYI, there is a recall on ALL the hang ons that use the talon strap. http://www.summitstands.com/talonbracketstrap/

I could not justify the scratch for a new API or treewalker this year, so I decided to get the summit seat for my wide sit-n-climb. I'll see how it works out this coming week. (NJ archery and 5C doe hunting).

After only two sits, the fabric is tearing on the lone wolf seat. Another thing to send back to lone wolf.

Anyway, please read the recall on the talon bracked summit hang on stands.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
dce
Sage

Thanks.Will do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page