Need Help with a climber treestand - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Need Help with a climber treestand

I have a loggy with climber that I have used for years and love it, however, I am looking for a new climbing stand that has a shooting rest. What would you recommend as the best climbing tree stand with shooting rest out now? Weight is a factor, but comfort would influence my decision more so. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Help with a climber treestand

Were are you located? DO you wanna sell the loggy after you get a new one?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Summits are comfy and make a good add-on rifle rest that looks pretty nicely done. What's kinda cool about Summit is that most of the accessories they make for their stands attach to most of the models, so you don't have to buy one particular stand to get the accessory you want. I think the rifle rest bar is about $40, give or take, and will attach to I think almost all their stands.

What is important info, though, is how far do you need/want to pack the stand? Summits are good, but weigh more than something like a Lone Wolf that will be lighter and easier to carry over longer or rougher walks to a stand location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

you can't go wrong with a Summit, i own the Razor and Viper aluminum. they are lighter than most, easier to setup and use, and EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE to be in. i routinely sleep in mine everytime i go hunting. they come complete with a full body harness. just find the model that suits your needs and buy it.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM

Didn't Loggy have an attachment that was sorta like a shooting stick attchment that folded down on to the stand?

Casey W. Roe

Remember the "Q" in QDM means Quality...not Quantity.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 PM
dce
Sage

I have a lone wolf with all three seats they make.Last week I got the new wide sit and climb top.I ended up taking their seat off and replacing it with a summit seat that I had.It's about the same weight as a summit but it packs easier and is definately alot quieter.In my opinion,it's the best of both worlds.I have the seat adjusted so the sit and climb bar will work nice as a rifle rest.However,it flips out of the way so I can still shoot sitting down with my bow.I've owned both and the Lone wolf beats the summit in every way except price and comfort.With the summit seat on the new wider top,it's as comfortable as a Summit.If you spend enough time in a tree each year,I find the cost easy to justify.Why they can't get a seat right just boggles my mind.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Frequent Contributor

EQ24 Leveling Treestand by Equalizer with safety bar/shooting rest. Wide, quiet, comfortable and safe!
Awesome!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Check out treewalker stands also, no I don't use one but it looks like what your looking for and I think the heaviest one is 19 pounds, they are on the pricey side but it's another option.

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/index.asp
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

I would be buying an equalizer if I was buying a new stand and had the dough for one. They look about as comfy as a Summit, and totally eliminate the "how much do I have to cant the stand" debate you have to have when you hook on the tree.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Sorry Yote, but no, I dont plan to sell the loggy at this point.
I like the sound of the summit as far as the comfort. I plan to check them out for weight and compare with the other models you guys mentioned above. A pound or two is not too much of a deal, I seem to find 5 more pounds of gadgets every year to pack in! How did I ever shoot deer with my old TSS, a strap to climb and only a pocket full of gear?
Thanks for the input guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page