Climber options? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Climber options?

Kicking around the idea of getting a new climber. Right now I am hunting with just a climbing platform and no seat. I love the portability of it, but I do get tired of standing for hours on end. Im usually good for about 3 hours or so, but after that it starts to get old.

I am looking for light weight, very packable, and easy to set up, and something to sit on. My climber right now weighs probably 8# maybe 10

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Climber options?

What about a tree seat...It is lightweight and just straps around the tree. Once fastened you can fold it down flat against the tree to stand, or flip it up to sit. I did this for years because it was much lighter and more portable. Now it is too difficult for me to "hug" the tree as I am climbing. Just a thought.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have a summit openshot climber it weighs 15 pounds. It's not the most comfortable treestand, but I can do all day hunts in it. It packs real small, easy to move in and out of the woods,and is sturdy in the tree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Irish- thought about doing that, I just dont like the idea of not having weight on the platform.

Matthews- Thats the stand that I was looking for. Im not overly concerned about comfort, im not there to sleep. :0

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

That's the way I am if I am comfortable I won't be aware. I have to hike a long time to get to my one spot and this is the perfect climber for it.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I also have a sumit open shot, and it is nice, but noisy. After dealing with it the past few years, I would have much rather spent the extra money and got a lone wolf. Super light, and the alpha hand climber combo is probably just right for you. I believe it packs down to fit inside a pizza box! I think it weighs like 2 lbs more than the summit, but it is much quieter, and much more portable. Maybe buy one used, for the same price as the summit.

Visit us in Harrisburg Booth 908 in the Archery Hall http://www.therackpacker.com Code:HUNTINGPA
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootbowtech
I also have a sumit open shot, and it is nice, but noisy. After dealing with it the past few years, I would have much rather spent the extra money and got a lone wolf. Super light, and the alpha hand climber combo is probably just right for you. I believe it packs down to fit inside a pizza box! I think it weighs like 2 lbs more than the summit, but it is much quieter, and much more portable. Maybe buy one used, for the same price as the summit.
Whats noisy about the summit?

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM

I have a LoneWolf hand climber. I love it and wish I would have dropped the cash on it sooner. About 17.5#, but very easy to pack and transport since it packs flat. It is very quiet too. I almost bought the Open Shot but I hunt pretty thick areas and wanted a compact climber.

-Bowhunter

Coop
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I want to know what's noisy on the Open Shot also. Mine is quiet.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Any little twig it hits while carrying it makes a loud ping, the cables that attach it to the tree are noisy when you remove them if you aren't super careful, the teeth as they dig into the tree, your feet on the tube frame. Like I said, I love mine, but I know for a fact the Lone Wolf is so much quieter. The differences in construction make it so.

Visit us in Harrisburg Booth 908 in the Archery Hall http://www.therackpacker.com Code:HUNTINGPA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page