Hoyt opinion - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Hoyt opinion

A fella I work with has a Hoyt Vortex Turbo he wants me to buy. Anyone on here ever shoot or own one of these bows? It is set up with top of the line accessories. If there is positive feedback, my 80%-99% letoff Concept P50 will be coming up for sale after season. Thanks for reading. Stuffer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

I'm sorry, it is a Hoyt Vector Turbo... my bad
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had the 2012 Vector 32. The turbo was the speed bow from that line, at 6" brace height. It was about 34" ATA, and it had the RKT cams. In my opinion, the RKT cam is one of the best cams Hoyt came out with. In fact, when they came out the next year with the Z5 cam, the Z5 cam used the same mods for drawlength adjustment. It was the flagship bow of 2012, so you are buying the top of the line from that year. Since then Hoyt has gone to a beyond parallel limb design it the Defiant line, but in between they tweeked the Vector line with the Spyder line, Faktor line, and then made some big changes in the Nitrum line.

Personally, I kick my self in the backside some days for getting rid of my Vector 32. It was a smooth draw, if you took out the top rubber bumper on the draw stop you could retune it to a solid back wall. It was fantastic to yoke tune and I could get silver dollar groups at 40 yards with it. I have the Alpha Elite for 3D and won't give it up because of the RKT cams on it.

If you can shoot a 6" brace height bow, it is a good buy if you get it at a good price. I went to archery talk and did a search and they are going for around $375-$425 bare bow, so use that as guide. Also, if it has the original strings, look to change them out. Hoyt strings at that time were very slow. You can pick up 5-7 fps with a good set of custom strings.

Wishing I was at camp!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page