Reezen 6.5 vs DXT - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Reezen 6.5 vs DXT

OK, here's my next delimina on this deal. Got two potential trades going on at once. Not sure which to go with.

First person wants to offer up a fully loaded Reezen 6.5. The other person wants to offer a fully loaded DXT along with a TC Triumph 50ca w/ a Nikkon Omega BDC scope.

I'm leaning towards the DXT & TC package for the total value but I already have an in-line. I plan on shooting comp as well as hunting. Is the Reezen that much better than the DXT?

Casey W. Roe

Remember the "Q" in QDM means Quality...not Quantity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Reezen 6.5 vs DXT

Take the DXT and give me the inline for this advice
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 AM

go with the reezen. my dad bought one for this season and he can shoot out to 40 yards with the same pin...fastest and most acurate bow ive ever seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You need to tell me how serious you want to get into shooting competitively. There are two types of competitive shooters, those who shoot the little local club stuff, and those who shoot it all. If you plan on shooting some major IBO or ASA events, and having a different setup from your hunting setup, then you should be shooting the reezen. If you are competing at local clubs, shooting against your buddies, with your hunting setup, get the DXT. It is a much better suited bow for hunting, and for the average shooter. The Reezen is an awesome 3D bow, the speed and accuracy make it a great choice for that reason. But you need to be able to handle the 6.5 inch brace height, and the draw cycle, and the fact that it is a very top heavy bow. If you want to really compete, as I mentioned, you will most likely shoot two different setups, especially when it comes to arrows. I have two different bows, and a third on the way for that reason. But this year I will be shooting all the major IBO events, and the World Championships for the third time. It really also depends on what class you intend to participate in. I would not necessarily recommend that bow for an open class setup, but if you want to shoot hunter or advanced hunter or something of that sort, its a great choice. Tell me how serious you want to be, what class you want to shoot in, and I can tell you what you need to be shooting. The second trade sounds like a much better deal though. Sell the inline if you dont need it. Do yourself a favor and shoot both bows if you haven't already, and pick the one that best suits you.

Visit us in Harrisburg Booth 908 in the Archery Hall http://www.therackpacker.com Code:HUNTINGPA
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

+1- I agree fully. In fact if you are going to shoot IBO in the MBO, Semi-pro, or even MSR or MBR- I would even look at the Monster (not the XLR8). I think the DXT is a great hunting bow, but you will be outgunned at big time IBO shoots in any class but HC. The Reezen would be the way to go.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM

My brother shot them both and bought the DXT, said it felt better to him. For IBO the extra speed comes in handy but for ASA I would take the DXT.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

In ASA I wouldnt shoot either. You have a speed limit, so shoot something long ATA with a long brace height that is forgiving. I shoot an Elite XLR for 3D right now, so it has that anyways, with some speed thrown in. Might shoot one of my PSEs next year in advanced hunter, but I'll shoot the Elite if I go MBR.

Visit us in Harrisburg Booth 908 in the Archery Hall http://www.therackpacker.com Code:HUNTINGPA
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:33 AM

in my opinion, take the dxt and the TC and trade the dxt in for a reezen. better deal. if you want to shoot comp, then i would look into the reezen. i bought one 9 months ago and absolutely love it. i shot comps in louisiana with it and it performed well in my hand. the reezen has me shooting 2 up in all the outdoor comps i shot in.

happy shooting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page