NAP SPITFIRE MAXX COC - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

NAP SPITFIRE MAXX COC

Anyone use these? I have been using the Spitfires for the last two years with great success and recently saw these and thought I would try them.

I'm shooting 70# @ 28.5" so I'm not worried about KE for deer. Last 2 were complete passthroughs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Re: NAP SPITFIRE MAXX COC

Well so far here's what I can say. They seem to fly about the same as the other spitfires. I sent a few into the block and they seem like they are going to do the trick. I'll report back after season starts any further feedback.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

made right here in PA too. thanks for posting

Suburban redneck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

after some more target shooting, I will probably switch to Trophy tips again whether MAXX or regular Spitfires.

I busted one of the blades today in my target. I'm done playing with them until its time to try on game.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I use them, and got a nice buck 2 years ago with them. Nice entrance, nice blood trail and the exit blew my mind. I shoot 100 grains and love them.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 01:51 AM

So a blade broke in a foam target....I wouldn't expect much when it hits something hard...like bone.

If a broadhead can't stand up to a foam target I'm not taking it to the woods...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 01:16 AM

Used them with great success! Now I use their cousin, KillZones, and luv them too!!!

16/17 deer season:

Wet butt so far
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 11:16 AM
The Man

shoot any broad-head repeatedly into a block target and sooner or later something will break. most of these expandables are made for one and done on a deer. thats why they sell replacement blades and retention clips to rebuild them.
i have shot 2 deer with the 125 gr spitfire maxx and both were pass through and neither deer went more than 60 yards. great bloodtrails on both. i never recovered the arrow on the first one. the second was a 42 yard shot and the broadhead is now my "practice" tip that i shoot once in awhile for piece of mind but it always hits right with my field points. they are a good broadhead and you get 4 in a pack for the price of 3 of most other heads.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 11:02 PM

I guess I can see that with mechanical heads and the design... especially if the head is IN the foam and you have to rip it out and the blades are essentially hooked in..

I can say I've shot the same slicktrick mag and same grizztrick into foam I haven't broke or bent anything..I have a set of blade for each..I test all my ferrules and shafts with the same blades...then designate one ferrule to be my practice head and those blades stay on it..I always shoot a few broadheads every session a little before the season and through the season just to make sure all is well..

Mechanical heads have came a long way...I do carry an old rocky mountain snyper(essentially a rage before rage existed) in my quiver for a finisher or turkey killer...looking for 125gr hammerheads for the turkey killers now..a jack knife 2" cut 3 blade aughta work dandy on turkey..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Part of the Community

Spitfires made here in PA???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page