Stabilizer and rest recommendations - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Stabilizer and rest recommendations

Right now I have a Nap Apache 8 inch stabilizer. I'm happy w it but looking for something alittle better. Same thing w my rest i have a Qad ultra rest Hunter. Again happy with just looking for an upgrade. Just want to see want others recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM

Re: Stabilizer and rest recommendations

I love QAD HDX rests. I have owned a hunter but the HDX is much nicer. You can get them for just under $100 on Amazon.

I have been using Dead Center stabilizers, but it's hard to beat Bee Stinger.

-Bowhunter

Coop
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a QAD HDX on one of my bows and Vapor Trail Micro Elite on another. Both great rests. The Micro Elite is limb driven and can be driven by the top or bottom limb so there is no chance of your rest effecting cam timing on a binary cam bow and you can switch between a target or hunter launcher. I will be using a 10 inch Bee Stinger hunter extreme on my Elite Victory 37 for hunting and may add a side bar, but the victory 37 holds so steady without a side bar I don't think the extra weight would be worth it for hunting.

The older I get the better I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Limbdriver rest, so simple to set up and tune.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Blb - what are you looking to upgrade for? Target shooting or hunting? If your discussing a bow setup for hunting, I don't see a point in changing your stabilizer unless its too light/too heavy, and if that's they case, buying one might not answer your question because you won't know until you try it. I would keep it short for hunting. These guys above me are giving good advice on the HDX, but I shoot a trophy taker smackdown pro limb driven model. I love it

Spilled blood on our hands fuels reverence for our quarry.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa.Bone
I have a QAD HDX on one of my bows and Vapor Trail Micro Elite on another. Both great rests. The Micro Elite is limb driven and can be driven by the top or bottom limb so there is no chance of your rest effecting cam timing on a binary cam bow and you can switch between a target or hunter launcher. I will be using a 10 inch Bee Stinger hunter extreme on my Elite Victory 37 for hunting and may add a side bar, but the victory 37 holds so steady without a side bar I don't think the extra weight would be worth it for hunting.
Man i have been saying if i sold my e35 it would be to buy a 37 for hunting. Looking for adding a different side bar on my 35, what did u have on yours. Right now i have a AEP and its pretty light. Sorry for the highjack
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have an Energy 35 and the Victory 37 and both are great bows. I think the V-grip on the 37 is less prone to torqueing the bow and my bare shaft tuning on it has proved that. I shot the E35 indoors over winter with a 32" Shrewd up front with 2 to 4 ounces of weight and a 12" Shrewd side bar with 14 ounces. I have several stab combos I use for hunting and usually use an 8 or 10 inch up front and 6 to 8 on the side bar. Generally you want about 3 times more weight on the side bar versus the front, its something you have to play around with to achieve the least amount of pin float for you. I have been shooting the V37 really well without a side bar and may not add one until my winter leagues.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

No problem. As for what I'm doing trying to have a decent setup that goes for both target and hunting. I eventually want to get another bow just for target but right now got a baby coming soon so the wife has my spending on freeze lol. I just feel the stabilizer I have right now is too lite.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 05:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb8698
Right now I have a Nap Apache 8 inch stabilizer. I'm happy w it but looking for something alittle better. Same thing w my rest i have a Qad ultra rest Hunter. Again happy with just looking for an upgrade. Just want to see want others recommend.
I think what stab you choose has a lot to do with the bow you are shooting. If its a past parallel limb design it will most likely be pretty dead in your hand at the shot. If its an older bow you may want a heavier stab with an internal dampener to help keep it dead in the hand. Most bows today an 8 or 10 inch stab with 3 to 5 ounces of weight should be plenty for hunting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page