Ladder Stands - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Ladder Stands

What's a good ladder stand brand/height? I plan on buying one to practice from and move it to the woods during Archery Season. I see a lot that are 15 foot high but this seems to low. I would think 18 - 20 foot would be best. I know Summits are good stands. I have one of there climbers but they are expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 04:35 PM

Re: Ladder Stands

I have used a comfort zone from dicks sporting goods for the last few years and haven't had any issue with the 15' height. I get the stands with the removable shooting rail and arm rests. Its not as comfortable as a bigger 1.5 man stand but it is more than adequate. At $79 on sale it is hard to beat. Plus it wont break the bank if someone decides to walk of with it.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I only use 1 extension. If you set it up properly why be 30 feet off the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 PM

First off, you want a stand that is comfortable and one you can sit in all day if need be. Also one with side rails for added safety or even a shooting rail that you can move if necessary.

We have a few Rivers Edge Relax Wide 17' ladder stands on our property they sell for around 140.00. They are pretty easy to set up, and they are quite comfortable.. Check them out on the web to get a look at them and some reviews on them.....

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 09:11 PM

My opinion is the cheap stands are ok for a couple hr morning or evening sit. If you are doing an all day hunt out of one the extra money is well worth it. Not many ladderstands over 17', but there is a couple. Since I have kids we have all double ladderstands now. I prefer the Big Game brand over the other's that I have owned.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 11:50 AM

set it up in cover and 15' isn't to low at all.

i hunt off the ground during archery season and am very successful. during rifle season my family has two of the out post deluxe ladder stands from field and stream they are 18' and come with a blind that keeps the wind and rain and snow out pretty good. deer walk right under me.

seat cushions, side rails and shooting rest. comfortable enough for an all day sit. $250.00

probably on sale now.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Yes I agree a good choice based on price. I saw these online at Dick's Sporting Goods. You can usually get a discount if you are a Score Card member too.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickShot
First off, you want a stand that is comfortable and one you can sit in all day if need be. Also one with side rails for added safety or even a shooting rail that you can move if necessary.

We have a few Rivers Edge Relax Wide 17' ladder stands on our property they sell for around 140.00. They are pretty easy to set up, and they are quite comfortable.. Check them out on the web to get a look at them and some reviews on them.....
Those do like good. Do you take the rail off for Archery?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot
My opinion is the cheap stands are ok for a couple hr morning or evening sit. If you are doing an all day hunt out of one the extra money is well worth it. Not many ladderstands over 17', but there is a couple. Since I have kids we have all double ladderstands now. I prefer the Big Game brand over the other's that I have owned.
Thanks for the information. Looks like they have some good choices on their website. I have son who is just getting into hunting so a two man stand wouldn't be out of the question.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 09:48 AM

Check out the 16' Comfort Zone Outpost from Field and Stream (Dick's). They are on sale right now for $119. They are light enough you can put them up yourself, really well made and comfortable. You don't have to take the shooting rail off for archery either, it will stay in it's position lifted against the tree if you don't want it down in front of you.

I bought one of these the fall before last and was so impressed that when they were on sale after Thanksgiving I ordered a second one (got it for $89 delivered). I'm keeping my eye on them and if I see them go under $100 bucks I'm grabbing another one too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page