Bear Customer Service - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Bear Customer Service

Just curious if any of you guys have had the privilege of dealing with Bear's customer service? I have a three year old Anarchy that has splintering in the upper and lower limbs. According to their website, the limbs have a 5 year warranty for the original owner. I am the original owner, but I cannot remember if I registered the bow...I think I did.

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 03:19 PM

Re: Bear Customer Service

Call them, I saw on other forums their customer service is top notch
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Banned

Top notch, I don't know about that. I had a Bear Legion that the limbs started to splintering on so I sent it in to them and after 3 weeks I got it back. Shot it for a week or two and the same thing happened. So I sent it in again and waited the three or more weeks and it came back. 2 weeks and the same thing happened once again.

This time I decided to email a rep from Bear and find out what was up. Mind you this is only a few weeks from archery season. After sending a polite email I got back a response that said I must be shooting the wrong spined arrows and that besides from replacing the limbs again there was no other sort of compensation I could get.

So this time instead of spending the $20 or so to ship the bow to FL, I decided to take it to Gander Mountain. I usually would not take a bow there, but it was the only way I would have it back before the season I figured. I get back from them and that set of limbs made it about half way through the season. Limbs broke three seperate times and they didnt do a thing about it. I could not get a respnse from them after that.

So I still have that POS sitting around collecting dust. Bear will not be getting any of my money ever again. I now shoot a G5 Prime and they know how to treat their customers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Part of the Community

I had a very positive dealing with them on a minor issue with an factory equipped accessory for my Cruzer. Quick response, got it fixed quickly.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks for the replies! I spoke with one of their reps after filling out the online warranty form. They are going to replace the 70 pounds limbs with 60 pounds limbs at my request for no charge. I will follow up with any/all interactions with Bear CS to keep you guys in the loop.

Everything is good, so far...

5D
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 04:29 PM
Part of the Community

They were great 40 years ago replaced a super kodiak for me.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 11:00 PM

in 1981 i bought a custom kodiak takedown recurve, not the special edition with the gold plated hinges, just a regular one.

i called the factory to order it and asked if Fred Bear would sign it, i was told he was only signing the limited edition ones. i called back and asked if i could speak with Mr. Bear...a few moments later, i was talking to Fred Bear.

after a short conversation he said he would sign it for me. i went home, wrote the check and put it in the mail, this was Monday...Friday i had my bow, signed by Fred Bear. there was no way they got my check and mailed that bow, that fast. He signed it Monday and mailed it the same day.

anyway, 1989, i was going to use that bow on a caribou hunt but the handle cracked, just a small crack that i could feel when i drew the bow back. i called the factory and asked to speak with Mr. Bear, they politely informed me that he had passed away last year.

i explained my situation and they transferred me to the President of the company, i believe his name was White. He had me send the bow directly to him to see if they could repair it with out damaging the signature.

a few weeks later i had a package, it was the original bow, signature still on it and a BRAND NEW custom kodiak takedown, they couldnt repair the other one with out damaging the signature so they gave me a brand new one.

i am sure their customer service is still top of the line, but you never know. in my heart i believe they will fix your problem.

i still have that bow and a signed letter written to me from Fred Bear, it came with the first bow he signed. what a thrill for a 21 year old "kid"

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:03 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr
in 1981 i bought a custom kodiak takedown recurve, not the special edition with the gold plated hinges, just a regular one.

i called the factory to order it and asked if Fred Bear would sign it, i was told he was only signing the limited edition ones. i called back and asked if i could speak with Mr. Bear...a few moments later, i was talking to Fred Bear.

after a short conversation he said he would sign it for me. i went home, wrote the check and put it in the mail, this was Monday...Friday i had my bow, signed by Fred Bear. there was no way they got my check and mailed that bow, that fast. He signed it Monday and mailed it the same day.

anyway, 1989, i was going to use that bow on a caribou hunt but the handle cracked, just a small crack that i could feel when i drew the bow back. i called the factory and asked to speak with Mr. Bear, they politely informed me that he had passed away last year.

i explained my situation and they transferred me to the President of the company, i believe his name was White. He had me send the bow directly to him to see if they could repair it with out damaging the signature.

a few weeks later i had a package, it was the original bow, signature still on it and a BRAND NEW custom kodiak takedown, they couldnt repair the other one with out damaging the signature so they gave me a brand new one.

i am sure their customer service is still top of the line, but you never know. in my heart i believe they will fix your problem.

i still have that bow and a signed letter written to me from Fred Bear, it came with the first bow he signed. what a thrill for a 21 year old "kid"
That is really cool
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 08:33 PM
The Man

That,s an understatement.That,s cool beyond cool.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Awesome story!

5D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page