Grunt Tube - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Grunt Tube

Curious as to what you all are using for grunt tubes. I am interested in something for the woods of PA, I don't want a tube that grunts so deep it scares the smaller guys out of town! I am looking for a tube that is adjustable to be able to call younger bucks in for my kids but still have the option to go deeper when I am in the woods. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The last tube I had was so old all the markings as to who made it wore off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 11:07 PM

Re: Grunt Tube

Check out the illusion!

Having one child makes you a parent; having two makes you a referee... Take your kid's hunting!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have used the True Talker from Hunter Specialties for years with excellant results. It use to be made by a small company in PA. and the only place I could find it was at their booth at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show so I would buy a new one every year. Then about 10 yrs ago HS bought it from them and you can now find it anywhere. I bet I have called in 50 + bucks in using it over the years

PETA hates me, but I'm okay with that......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have the primos the one that was made 6 years ago without the snort wezz. I haven't seen them in stores but that grunt tube was awesome. I say was, i think its worn out. The last couple years i had no success.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 01:32 AM

Paul I'm one of those guys who is always looking for that one call that just fits me perfect and for years I've looking for a good grunt call and this year I can say I found my perfect call. Its from Wilson Game out of Bangor,Pa. There call sounds very realistic and doesn't freeze up. You can blow it very loud or very quiet witch is a plus for me. I used it this year only and called in more bucks this year than any other call I ever had. It has a wooden barrel and a small brass bead on the reed that gives it a slight buzz sound with the grunt that just seems to get there attention and make them very curious.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for the info guys. I will check these out.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:03 AM
The Man

I have been using a down n dirty outdoors tube for a few years. It is called the hawg head. It is by far my favorite grunt tube I ever used.

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 02:08 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I use true talker (best call IMO on the market still, despite all the new comers), and promos buck roar. They are a bit deeper but I think how you grunt will scare more little guys than what tube it is. I think the true talker has a band you can press on to sound like a younger buck. The original is hard to get ahold of now and somehow mine ended up in my dads pack this year ?!?!?!?

It's a good spot. Just not today.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I like my primos buck roar and have had great success with it on mature bucks. I have it set at the mature buck setting. I encounter a few mature bucks every year and they respond to it, killing them is another story. Young bucks don't respond to it at all and usually only use it when I see an older buck. Another good call is the Quaker Boy Growler. After reading copperheads post and reading reviews on Wilsons grunt calls, I may order one and give it a try.

The older I get the better I was.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 PM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightine
I use true talker (best call IMO on the market still, despite all the new comers), and promos buck roar. They are a bit deeper but I think how you grunt will scare more little guys than what tube it is. I think the true talker has a band you can press on to sound like a younger buck. The original is hard to get ahold of now and somehow mine ended up in my dads pack this year ?!?!?!?
I like the true talker and illusion.Just bought my son a true talker for Christmas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page