wasnt really impressed with the new mathews - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
The Man

wasnt really impressed with the new mathews

Dropped my crossbow off to get the string re served last night and was checking out some of the new Mathews bow. The Creed XS caught my eye so I decided to give it a go. The release was pretty smooth, but the draw was pretty rough. It did not roll over smooth and had a bit of a jump when you get to full draw. I will add that it was a bit short for my draw length but none the less.

I will be picking up my crossbow some day this week, and may shoot my vendetta for a side by side. After shooting that bow I realized I can not really justify the purchase of a new bow just yet. I may try the chill but doubt it will do enough to sway me from my current set up.

Has anyone shot the chill yet? Thoughts on this bow?

I will be getting rid of my peepsite with a tube and going to a tubeless peep, so I will have my bow there for a side by side comparison.

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:38 AM

Re: wasnt really impressed with the new mathews

I have the blaze which is the mission version of the chill and I love it. Very fast and smooth.

"live and learn, and then catch fish"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 01:41 AM

Your Vendetta is twice the bow of anything in the new Mathews line, don't switch!

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt turkeys because I have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 01:50 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My buddy has recently picked up the Mathew chill-x and has had nothing but problems so far in the 2months he's had it the limbs splintered the riser bent and the upper cam broke where the cables attach
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Wonder why the sudden loss in quality with these guys? It was hard for me to fathom my 2011 bow was smoother and more forgiving. I was a bit confused with the "o-ring" for lack of better word that is in the cables.

I don't think I will end up buying a new bow for a while. The PSE Full Throttle has me tempted with an IBO of 370 but just cant justify the 1200.00 for just a faster bow.

This is not some sort of stab at Mathews or anything like that, just expected more out of a 900.00 bow

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 03:31 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

the O ring thingy is their equivalent of a yoke system. same as the Y that is on the top cable of most hybrid cam bows. also, i have heard many people having issues with newer matthews bows. i don't shoot one, and i'm not one to bash brands, but i doubt i'd own one of those.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodStretcher
Your Vendetta is twice the bow of anything in the new Mathews line, don't switch!
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; X2
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 12:00 PM

The Chill R is pretty nice with Rock mods. I still prefer my Experience. I do want to shoot a Creed just to shoot one.

-Bowhunter

Coop
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Part of the Community

I have a '13 Chill and I like it. I bought it last winter as a leftover and got a great deal on it. In the past 7 years I have owned PSE, Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt bows so I'm not a fan boy of any manufacturer. Each bow had things I liked and things I didn't. I took care of them and never had any issues. I don't think any of larger bow manufacturers put out junk any more.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM

I liked how when I was shopping for a brand new bow last year to replace my 2005 Switchback, I was stunned while shooting the Creed. I chrono'd it at the same poundage with my hunting arrows and it came up 1 fps slower than my Switchback. Mind you my Switchback string had a peep, D-loop, kisser button, and two cat whiskers in and the Creed string was bare. Same poundage...8 years of "technological advancement" with a draw cycle not as smooth as my switchy and a higher advertised IBO of nearly 12 fps more. What a sham.

Wampire - going harder, longer and deeper since 1984.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page