Pecatonica River Cherry T/C replacement stocks - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Retiredusne8
  • 2 Post By Sojourner48

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Pecatonica River Cherry T/C replacement stocks

Has anyone done one of their cherry replacement stocks? If so please past a picture or if you have done any of their replacement stocks please post photos trying to decide!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 05:16 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The only thing I have heard about cherry wood is you have to us lye on it to bring out the color, some people use oven cleaner, because it is lye based.If you buy a 50 lb bag of lye you only need 1 tablespoon to a pint of water, if you use oven cleaner let it foam for 10 min.I am posting a photo of a cherry stock that was done with oven cleaner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200318-144243.jpg (104.1 KB, 10 views)
octagon and Dutch7 like this.

Life Member NAHC

Garrett AT PRO

USN 1964-1985

Prostate Cancer Survivor

Last edited by Retiredusne8; 04-05-2020 at 05:29 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 06:20 AM

The top gun in the picture is a cherry wood Pecatonica stock. I had it quite a few years, and as it was my first real build, there were many mistakes on my part. Pecatonica builds are not easy if you've never done one. You can change a $1,000 firearm into a $100 wall hanger real easy. Two of the three in the picture were easy component kits. Then I got better with the fourth one, a component kit I bought at Dixon's fair. Then I got tired of the cherry wood stock and ordered a tiger stripe maple replacement stock from Pecatonica. It didn't fit the lock I had from the original build so I had to chisel out and fit the lock to the new stock. People admired both stocks. You just have to remember whichever one you pick you're probably gonna have it a long time. I only have the top pictured gun now, the Pecatonica build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0007.jpg (1.01 MB, 12 views)
octagon and Dutch7 like this.

Ps.146:9 "The Lord watches over the sojourners".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page