The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1-17

994 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  007hunter 
#1 ·
Everyone give up already, lol!?!
Out this morning with maybe 1/2" snow here in southern 1a. Pretty crunchy. Wish there a bit more snow to cover the leaves Going to sit till 10 and then walk out and hit another spot this afternoon.

#6 ·
Saw a nice buck Wednesday and nothing the last two evening. Going to hunt tomorrow but they are calling for snow early here then freezing rain and rain later. Tomorrow will be my last chance at this buck I've been after all season.

#7 ·
Saw 8 this morning walking and only 2 lone deer this afternoon. Figured they would be moving this afternoon with the wind dying down and sun out but nope.
Hoping to get out tomorrow but we shall see. Ice in the morning will be a no go.

#8 ·
Was out yesterday for the afternoon. It was snowing and blowing every which direction. Visibility was easily under 50 yards at times. Missed a doe in the midst of one of the squalls. I decided to call it a season after that.

Good luck to all headed out tomorrow. Forecast here is for snow followed by freezing rain. Could be a skating rink out there.

#9 ·
I've had equipment problems holding me back. That Lyman GPR still doesn't shoot predictably, one day shooting like a real flintlock, the next day you can't tell. Lost confidence in it all together. Maybe had the rifling felt "smooth" while loading it rather than seeming worse as time goes on it would have been different.

Just a word to anyone considering a new Lyman, they were fast to exchange the barrel under the recall, (that one shot reasonably well), but when I emailed them, three times, concerning an obviously inferior barrel they have not even given the courtesy of a response. On the other hand, should you be in the market for an expensive tomato stake Lyman is your go to guys.

And no, Green Mountain no longer makes drop ins fo them.

Good luck to anyone still heading out for the final week!!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.