No Day 4? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
The Man

No Day 4?

C,mon guys where,s the posts? I didn,t get a chance to go out today and I really wanted to.A friend came out about 10:30 and stayed the day and didn,t see squat.I seen some movin around in the pasture when I was workin late afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 06:05 PM
The Man

Evening sit was 1st time out this year.No deer but a 1st for me.All the years of late season muzzy and I saw my 1st New Years Eve. . . . . BAT !

The answers to all of life's questions are found in the Bible!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 06:19 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Cause it’s day 5 lol..
Went out this afternoon and saw 6. Had one at 30 yards just before dark but was snowing so hard I didn’t see it until it took off.
A lot of fresh rubs and have some small bucks sparing. Hopefully some big buck still around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Frequent Contributor

Actually day 5.Was out this evening and saw nothing but squirrels.Rain and wind starting moving in around 3:30.

Last edited by HSY93; 12-31-2019 at 06:58 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipNrip View Post
Cause itís day 5 lol..
Went out this afternoon and saw 6. Had one at 30 yards just before dark but was snowing so hard I didnít see it until it took off.
A lot of fresh rubs and have some small bucks sparing. Hopefully some big buck still around
Whoops.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 07:51 PM
Regular Visitor

Bunch of squirrels this AM. Tonight looked like great weather but I’m hanging with the family instead. I’ve got until Sunday night then back to reality and flying/driving for work. Trying to find time for everything and hoping to squeeze a few more sits in. Lots of fresh rubs and saw horns a few days ago but no clear view.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 08:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Was a good sit, had 10 doe and a spike under the stand tonight, however I am outta 5D tags now. Not a good buck around either. I had good action but no buck in tow.

5C Wed afternoon...

UBP Life Member
Full Sunday Hunting Supporter
Beyond Century mark in Bow kills.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 08:05 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Couldnt see more than 50 yards in the fog this morning and bumped 2 doe and 2 buck but could not get a shot with the fog. Went out this evening and missed a doe. The weathermen are always wrong lol. Wasnt supposed to rain but it did this morning and this evening. Giving it a go tomorrow. I still have a buck and a doe tag hoping for the best. Good luck.

4B
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 09:09 PM
The Man

Went to a new spot on the south end of my favorite ridge.

Nice west wind in my favor...……..looking down on a good sized flat. The deer came from about 3 different places all at once. At least 4 different bucks......maybe 5. Not sure how many does and fawns, but no less than 10. The whole wad milled around below me at 60-70 yards. Snowing enough that it was hard to pick out a mature doe. Then the does, fawns and one of the smaller bucks came up over the hill 25 yards to my left. I'm thinking that I don't wanna blow the place up, full of bucks as it is, so that I can bring my daughter back in New Years Day. A couple of the does finally winded me and most everything blew out of there.

I had been sitting next to a huge double maple about 1/2 or 2/3 the way down from the top of the ridge point. I wasn't happy with it. So I got up and nosed around a bit and found a big, old downed oak that has a limb at a height I can sit on the ground and be like I'm at a benchrest. Room for daughter in there, too !!

I think (if I can wake her up) we'll be in there in the morning.

Not a good pic. But a bit of the view from the benchrest log...……..

demokraten saugen

Last edited by Strut10; 12-31-2019 at 09:13 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 09:24 PM
The Man

great story , nice looking set up and neat muzzleloader. good luck to you and your daughter tomorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page