.50 Renegade flinter.
Had to happen! On the spur of the moment, I bought an early model Renegade .50 flintlock. She looked really good, with a tight lock and good unset pull.
The bore was dirty, but not fouled. When I got her home, She patched a touch orange. There's one spot of pitting, but the rest looked good.
She rams like a cobblestone street though. Numerous tight and loose spots.
I JB'd the daylights out of her, but she's still a tough ram.
With 70 gr of 3f Swiss and a .490 ball, it tried .015 and .018 patches. Numerous tears and a couple blown patches. Groups were generally 3 inches or better. A few were ok though. Range was 50 yards.
I tried some .010 patches, expecting worse results but low and behold 3 rounders at 50 were 1 /5/16 to 1 5/8!
The tight/ loose spots can still be felt, but not nearly as bad.
This Renegade is something. I shoot it better than any other flintlock I've tried.
The bore is frustrating and after flintlock season I'm planning on having her rebored/ rifled to .54 for ball.
Never thought I'd be successful with the flint. Pays to not give up!