Flintlock Pistols Stolen - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Flintlock Pistols Stolen

To All,

I had my two hunting pistols taken from me, and who knows how far away the dirt bags will try to get rid of them. Not something a fence or buy/sell shop would deal in, but who the ---- knows. They were stolen from the back seat of my truck here in Harrisburg between 6:00 p.m. Thursday 4/25, and 8:00 a.m. Friday morning the 26th. I habitually always lock the truck, but one of my back windows was slightly opened an inch or so when I noticed them gone. I must have bumped a button and didn't notice. There were 4 cars in the lot hit that I know of, possibly more.

I completed a Twp. PD report, and already posted pics at the LGS in the area. Please keep an eye out in Your travels, and on various web sites that sell stuff. Contact numbers are on the attached flier pdf. Anybody that can drop it by a Muzzy Shop in Pa., like Dixon's or Ft. Chambers, or others in the Susquehanna Valley, is welcome to print copies, with a heartfelt thank You. If anybody has Greg Dixon's email please send it to him for me, as I don't have one for him.

Thanks Again.

Rusty
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flintlock Theft.pdf (346.9 KB, 74 views)

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Part of the Community

So sorry to hear this Rusty.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 06:50 AM
Part of the Community

Will keep an eye open for these, sorry it happened. Any surveillance footage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not sure Dutch, I added that question to my flier before posting around the area.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Frequent Contributor

That's ashamed. I know I finished my 50 cal flintlock pistol last year. I built it from a block of wood and components. I have far too much time invested that I would be incredibly mad if someone were to steal it. I hope you recover 'em from the turds who took em.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:16 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_Rusty View Post
Not sure Dutch, I added that question to my flier before posting around the area.
Ask your neighbors for Ring doorbell footage, personal security cameras etc, you'll be surprised what they see.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:30 PM
Part of the Community

I know I've worked on BP firearms a while, and always figured they would be a real tough fence with present laws? Also know I've marked each piece with more than a few very difficult to locate identifying 'markings', which I document and store separately...but need ask to what end? If the Pcs. are stolen for a quick cash turn, most times when it becomes apparent any parley to cash isn't feasible, they are just tossed. Such a sad thing that someone cannot appreciate the extreme value (other than $) placed in something of the heart and hands, because they have never experienced it for themselves.... One can only Pray that some Joy of the Craftsman is absorbed through skin and transfers to the Perpetrator. Hope these pistols are found..and returned home.
ed
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Sorry to hear this Rusty. If they should happen to surface on the internet for sale. I'll be sure to see them and let you know.

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Thanks Bill, much appreciated.

I hope to find them, but my optimism is lacking.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:48 AM

Right in my work backyard. Will keep an eye out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page