Not 100% sold on the sideplate just yet. I may try a little different design....so I didn't inlet it.
I got all the steel from both rifles about ready to finish. I spent most the day in the yard so I didnt get to start my process...
Started filing on the trigger guard as well...got a good start.
Also started making the nose cap. I just have to trim the front cover and install it.
This was the first attempt at making a nose cap and I will never buy one again. Actually went very easy. I bought one to use but it was designed for a thinker web than I have at the muzzle...which would have left an unsightly gap between my ramrod and the cap. So I decided to make one.
I marked the stock for the length I wanted. Then cut that line into the stock.
I then wrapped a piece of paper around the stock and marked it and cut that out and transferred that to a piece of sheet brass.
Cut out the sheet brass and beat it into submission. Then soldered that to a piece of sheet brass...
Just have to fit it to the barrel and rivet it to the stock and that is done.
Back to work tomorrow. Actual work....not gun work.... Lol.
I'd still like to get the steel finished before I work down the forestock any further....so that's definitely next week's goal. Don't have much to do except some final touches and set up my sweat box.