New Years Day - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

New Years Day

Anyone out? Was out for a short sit this AM from 615-745. Ate my pork and kraut for lunch and will be heading out shortly to sit till dark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

On my way out for the afternoon. Hopefully they will be up and about as the wind settles down.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 02:21 PM
The Man

Good Lord, around here you'd need a ships anchor to hold you down, it's blowing a gale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 02:30 PM
The Man

Went out until about 1030. Had to come home to install a dishwasher. Saw 4 doe out in the fields but nothing close to being in range. Lots of downed trees on the road this morning. Going to play hockey in the driveway with the boys and get ready for some pork and sauerkraut. I will be back out Thursday. May be my last hunt of the year. Happy New Year guys.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 04:30 PM
The Man

Didn,t go out at first light because of the high winds.But went out for a sneak and stalk late in the a.m.than again for an afternoon hunt till now and didn,t see squat.No evenin sit for me cause the New Years Day dinner bell is ringin.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Just got in. At 420 had 2 yearlings and a slightly larger doe feed around me at about 25-30yds for about 15 mins. Gave them a pass. At 450 had an unknown buck at about 45yds. Was too dark to make out points in the brush, just saw a few glimpses of antler. He fed past me out into the field. Snuck out and came in. Will try again in the AM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

got in the stand at 3:00. saw deer at 3:45 coming from the direction I didn't really think they would. it was to my extreme left which wasn't too bad and were in the hemlocks at about 90 yards. had an alright rest and a broadside shot but thought they are coming down the ravine and into the bottom I was watching and thought I would wait for that shot. about that fast I felt the wind on my neck and they were gone! should have done it while I had the chance!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

I was out all day just stalking trying to find that big 8 from yesterday. No go. He's out there somewhere and I'm gonna hunt him everyday til end of season. The wind this morning was unreal. I was actually scared. I could have shot 3 doe today but I gave them a pass. Saw 8 doe and a very tall 4 point for the day.Me and the boys are gonna do some pushes tommorow first thing in the morning on a dmap property then back to search mode. The boys are still recoupin from yesterday night.

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Saw 5 together that I pushed out as I left the parking lot in the morning and that was it for the day. Hunted 9-12 and 330 to dark
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
No hunt for me today. I came down with a virus or the flu or something last night. Still feel pretty rough. Hope Ill be able to get out tomorrow.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page