Dec 29th Late Season - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Dec 29th Late Season

Sitting around drinking coffee dragging *** this morning. Been up for an hour dressed and ready to go. Not sure what my problem is this morning. Leaving in 15 minutes without a game plan. Will decide where I am going on the way out. Meeting a buddy for some drives later this afternoon. Good luck to everyone headed out today and have a safe hunt !
Juniata4ever likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 07:48 AM
Part of the Community

I didn't even go this morning... Woke up at 4 and it was foggy, figured it was going to be wet and dripping in the woods this morning...perfect flintlock weather in my opinion. LOL. not seeing deer anyway, so Im figuring I didn't miss too much.... good luck later.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:11 AM

Going into work for a few hours and plan on hunting around the station where I work.Only 1 buck was taken there and I know of many more high racks still out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:17 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
Sitting around drinking coffee dragging *** this morning. Been up for an hour dressed and ready to go. Not sure what my problem is this morning. Leaving in 15 minutes without a game plan. Will decide where I am going on the way out. Meeting a buddy for some drives later this afternoon. Good luck to everyone headed out today and have a safe hunt !
...sometimes the best game plan is no plan at all...

It's a real fine snow up here right now...waiting for the ground to whiten up a little more...then the boots go on...
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

Overslept too late to get into my stand before first light so i waited until enough light to see and decided to go for a walk thinking the wet leaves would make for a quiet sneak. Wrong!! So muddy it was making a sucking sound with nearly every step so i just went a little bit and leaned on a large tree. Saw 8 deer coming out of the field at around 80yds headed towards known bedding area. A bit far for me with open sights so let them go. Have work to do today so i came in and plan to find a place to sit closer to where i saw that group for my afternoon hunt.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Frequent Contributor

It was sleet in hard at 6 so me and 1 other guy headed out to a couple blinds. I saw a group of 3 way out ahead of me and then 4 popped up out of the pines right behind me. One was a buck that shed his rack. They caught me totally by surprise and I had no opportunity to take one of the doe. We're getting ready to go do some drives.

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 01:07 PM

Came in for lunch..Missed a flathead. Looked for 1 1/2 hr for sign of hit.There is a very stiff wind from the northwest.Back at it this afternoon.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Seen 2 small bucks today and a couple doe. All too far

Pa Hunting-It's a natural high!
2D 2F
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
The Man

A grouse and a flock of turkey on the ridge. A few nice long beards in it. A blue jay carcass. Hawk must of got him. And one of those big ladder stands you could fit three hunters in comfortably. Tree snapped off at the seat and the things all bent and twisted up. Guy who it belongs to won’t be happy.
As I was typing this one came in behind me and blew at me 15 yards away ! No joke ! Wouldn’t of been able to turn and shoot at it anyhow.
Saw 8 this evening including the one that just blew at me ! No shots.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

After being out today, I Think I am now a Fan of Sunday Hunting. I was on SGL 176 and about 9:00, here comes 15 Amish guys down the trail, They spread out about 30 yds between them and then drive right past me. At least on Sundays, they would not be there. Don't they have huge farms they can hunt on ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page