Late season flintin' - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Late season flintin'

Well, here it is new license time and also time to start the plans rolling for another late season flint hunt here at my place. Loggy is my main organizer, so I'll let him do most of the planning. I can sleep 7 in my bunkhouse and me and one other in my house, for a total of 9. The guys who were here last year will get first option of coming again this season, and then we'll fill the roster from there. Once the hunt is organized, I'll fill everyone in on what they'll need to bring. Area is 4A in case anyone wants to get a doe license or just wing it with your regular muzzleloader license. Hope to have another great hunt. Yes, Bunky, you can bring a weedeater!

I gotta go agitate the techies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 07:36 PM

Re: Late season flintin'

If I have a back tag come the late season...... and there's room...... I'll come watch Bunky miss!!!
post #3 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleben
Well, here it is new license time and also time to start the plans rolling for another late season flint hunt here at my place. Loggy is my main organizer, so I'll let him do most of the planning. I can sleep 7 in my bunkhouse and me and one other in my house, for a total of 9. The guys who were here last year will get first option of coming again this season, and then we'll fill the roster from there. Once the hunt is organized, I'll fill everyone in on what they'll need to bring. Area is 4A in case anyone wants to get a doe license or just wing it with your regular muzzleloader license. Hope to have another great hunt. Yes, Bunky, you can bring a weedeater!

Sounds great Dick!!

I plan to go in for a WMU 4A tag to be covered for your hunt in the rare event I fill my buck tag!

I got a call last week from soupe who joined us last year & dropped him a message to ck in here at HPA to follow hunt plans.

Bunky likely will bring brush cuttin equip plus I hear Dale Sholder is sharpening-up his flinter skills!!

We all had an outstanding hunt at Gentlebens last year & look fwd to another one this coming season!!

How do the hunt dates: 12/28(Mon) through 12/30(Weds)... leaving for home Weds or Thurs look?? I would like to arrive Sunday 12/27 so we can get a full day Monday plus hunt Tues & Weds...3 days.

Dick...if this is good for you...we can start a roster within this Thread & get this one locked down!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
The Man

go for it! Those dates are fine with me. OOOOH TP now that's cruel (but VERY true)

I gotta go agitate the techies!
post #5 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Sage

Great Dick!! Ok the Official 2009 HPA(Eastern) Late Season Hunt Roster is hereby started! This hunt will be in WMU 4A so apply for your tag accordingly. Plank we will put you first on backfill list unless you can confirm which I doubt you can at this point. I was in same delemma but have decided to go for a 4A to ensure joining this great hunt. You otta get a 4A...we could use ya out there tramping around!!

OK!! Lets start filling this Roster!!!

Hunt Roster (There are 7 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #6 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Im in for sure----I just bought a new John Deere 500 series and was so amazed that I bought a new Stihl commercial grare weed eater for cutting brush as well!!!! Im in and cant wait...... Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!!!

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
Isaiah40:31Wings of Eagles
Numbers6:24May HIS Face Shine Upon You
DeColores
post #7 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:10 AM

I'm in and hopefully for two days this year. Monday and Tuesday. Look forward to getting back together with everybody and pushing those thickets. Every hunt club needs a good dog

GBJ
post #8 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage

Great GBJ & Bunky!! Dropped Dale Sholder a PM plus Soupe a voice mail.

<u>Hunt Roster</u> (There are 5 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #9 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Sage

Soupe got back to me today & he's a go!!

<u>Hunt Roster</u> (There are 4 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr
(5) Soupe

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 799 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Sage

Great news!! Just spoke to Dale Sholder & he is a go plus will bring his Son Cory!! I rememberour past hunt Dale sharing pics & hunt stories of Cory's great deer hunting success last year! Sure happy to have Cory join the ole smokin gang!!!!!

Gentleben...I think all from the last years hunt have now signed up!! Looks like the Hunt is now open for any new. I have sent an email to Berkscoflinter & his friend Skip informing of Hunt who were regulars on prior hunts(years before gentlebens) up in Planks neck of the woods...Micheaux Forest. Also alerted Tomcat AKA HPA Red Oak of hunt dates.

Better get that ole Meat Pole ready with this line-up!!!

Hunt Roster (There are now 2 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr
(5) Soupe
(6) Dale Sholder
(7) Cory(Dales Son)

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page