my annual 4A flintlock hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
The Man

my annual 4A flintlock hunt

Going to do things slightly different this year. I will host anyone wanting to come flintlock hunt here in 4A on both weekends in Jan. ( 5th & 6th, and 12th & 13th). Some of us "regulars" are getting that we can't do the walking involved in driving, ( age and medical reasons) so we can make it stand/still hunting, or if enough younger guys want to come and push a bit, we can still drive small plots. I'll be here so either weekend is fine with me. I can sleep 7 in my bunkhouse and one or two in my house. Actually anyone can come at any time during those two weeks. If coming on the morning of either fri or sat, you'd need to be here by 5:00 am so we can plan the day. Or come the evening of thurs or fri for the next day's hunt. Those staying overnight, we'll eat at our local country restaurant. No charge on my end. Just a chance to hunt new ares for some of you, meet new people, eat good, and enjoy the comraderie. If you need any more info, or directions and my phone number, pm me. Hope to get some participation. Thanks, and happy hunting...
MQ-1 and WADMAN like this.

I gotta go agitate the techies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
The Man

3 so far

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 12:19 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Let me know if you do get enough to do some pushes. I guess at 42 I'm "young" and can push for folks who want to shoot whatever may come out (besides me!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 09:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdd View Post
Let me know if you do get enough to do some pushes. I guess at 42 I'm "young" and can push for folks who want to shoot whatever may come out (besides me!).
Id be more than willing to come push for you fellas too. Im a bit younger than tdd (38) if that qualifies! Haha. Gives me an excuse to still be in the woods after im tagged out and really enjoy pushing deer so others can fill a tag.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 10:23 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Heck, we can carpool!

Just need some people to do the shootin'....
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinlanscaper View Post
Id be more than willing to come push for you fellas too. Im a bit younger than tdd (38) if that qualifies! Haha. Gives me an excuse to still be in the woods after im tagged out and really enjoy pushing deer so others can fill a tag.
I'm right in the middle at 40. Our most recent hunt on the last Friday took is over 14 miles of SGL and Co-op land. 3 of us drug 4 out over miles of rough terrain. Feel I could be up to pushing some deer around for some other good ol' boys!
Looking at second weekend. Keep ya posted.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdd View Post
Heck, we can carpool!

Just need some people to do the shootin'....
Ive got the OK from the boss to go whenever I can be of use as a pusher. Only thing that would hold me is if they are calling for winter weather I have to be here to do my plow/salt contracts. Surely there should be people who wouldnt mind being designated shooters!
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Yes, the weather would be our deciding factor. Right now I have 3 or 4 with tags, and about 3 who would come to be dogs. Guys, My bunkhouse can sleep 7-8 and I can put one or two up in my house if they bring air mattresses. I'll keep updating here as things progress

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 01:19 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Sounds good. I can't promise anything, but if the the group's preferred day works out for me, I'd like to make it. I think my long rifle will get a little mad that I didn't take it with me, but there's no use for it with my antlered tag gone.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 01:40 PM
The Man

I'm going to try and arrange it. Will know for sure next week.

Have to say that HPA is a great place and there are some really good people on here. Glad to have been a part of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page