?????????????? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

??????????????

This is not a traditional question per say but there are experts here whos advise will be helpful---Im very comfy with load adjustments for blackpowder-----now my kids got 22 cal Cricketts made here in PA as a gift from dad! I love the fact that I can teach them gun saftey with a single shot bolt action gun that fits children! The problem was blowback from my sons gun right towards the eye! I called the co. and they wanted the gun sent back immediately. They sent me a new one right away. Great customer service so far---The problem Im having is they told me the problem was most likely the 22 sub sonic ammo from Remington causing the blow back????????// My ???? to them was how then did it not cause a problem in the second gun??? Also how could sun sonic ammo cause this problem when I could also shoot full loads of 22 short or longs in this gun????????? Im lost???????????? In a traditonal black powder gun I could easily figure this out but they have me stumped ??????????/

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
Isaiah40:31Wings of Eagles
Numbers6:24May HIS Face Shine Upon You
DeColores
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Re: ??????????????

Perhaps not enough "oomph" to blow the case out to seal the chamber. All fixed ammo is just slightly under chamber size, or it wouldn't fit. When the gun goes off, th brass/aluminum/copper, steel case is suppose to expand slightly to to chamber, which helps seal the gases. For this reasson many reloaders must "re-size" the brass before loading again. I can think of no reason why the same would not be true for rim fire ammo.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thats what I was thinking too zimm. the gun might have had an over size chamber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 PM

i can tell you that i had a ruger single six and was told it was for 22 lr but in fact it was for 22mag so when a 22 lr put into a 22 mag cyclendar you get blow back
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ok----I used the rem. sub sonics again tonight on groundhogs----WOW!!! I used my daughters pink Crickett just to see and one shot one kill!!! Big hog gone at 25 yards---simply rolled over! Jeeeezzeee I cant wait to see the comments on Bunky using a PINK gun!

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
DeColores
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Years ago I sometimes shot with a guy named Ron Griffie (Just passed a few months ago) down near Bowie Md. He owned a company called Deathwind Rifle Works. One day he pulled in at the range on his BMW cycle and with him, he had a really odd gun built with side locks, fancy int'l reciever sights, thumbhole stock, high schuetzen style cheek piece and stock painted very bright metal flake green. He was a character. So consider yourself in good company with that bright colored gun.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky
Ok----I used the rem. sub sonics again tonight on groundhogs----WOW!!! I used my daughters pink Crickett just to see and one shot one kill!!! Big hog gone at 25 yards---simply rolled over! Jeeeezzeee I cant wait to see the comments on Bunky using a PINK gun!
It's ok!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen
Years ago I sometimes shot with a guy named Ron Griffie (Just passed a few months ago) down near Bowie Md. He owned a company called Deathwind Rifle Works. One day he pulled in at the range on his BMW cycle and with him, he had a really odd gun built with side locks, fancy int'l reciever sights, thumbhole stock, high schuetzen style cheek piece and stock painted very bright metal flake green. He was a character. So consider yourself in good company with that bright colored gun.
LOL!!!!!!! He lived not far from my INLAWS!!! They are near the McDonalds in Bowie off 425

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
DeColores

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page