0 for 2 on squirrels today.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

0 for 2 on squirrels today....

Took the flint smooth bore out on another squirrel hunt today. Squirrels got the best of me. I took a long (to me) shot on one squirrel that was sitting on a limb about 30 yards away. Had a solid rest against a tree, but he must've jumped at the ignition flash. Missed. About an hour later another squirrel presented an easy 15 yard ground shot...click...pfffffft.....nothing. Flash in the pan. Not sure what went wrong there, moisture in primer, plugged flash hole, not sure. I picked the flash hole, re primed, then continued the hunt, but no other opportunities presented themselves. I fired the gun off my back deck when I got home and it went off instantly this time. Oh well, I'm, off most of next week, so I'll be out there yet again one morning. Figure I have one or two more bushytail hunts in me before deer season opens. Good thing was, I got there early today and had the entire woodlot to myself. I did see one guy on my way out we chatted briefly then we went on our separate ways. Still beats sitting home.

Last edited by Blue Bird; 11-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 06:59 PM

I agree. It`s all about the fun. Way better than being at home!! I am out after the turkeys again this coming Friday. Can`t wait!

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I'm probably going out tomorrow morning (if it doesn't rain) or maybe Thursday morning. I'm now on call for work over the weekend, so may or may not get out again after that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page