T/C Pa Hunter Trigger - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

T/C Pa Hunter Trigger

Does anyone know of an aftermarket trigger/lock assembly for the Pa Hunter that offers an adjustable or pre-set condition?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 01:24 PM
New Arrival

Re: T/C Pa Hunter Trigger

Denny, contact Jim Cullers at Ft. Chambers Gun Shop. (717)263-2223. We've had him install the T/C set-triggers in several Renegades and I believe at least 1 Pa. Hunter. Requires a T/C set-trigger and the larger trigger-guard. Audie..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM

I have a couple TC PA Hunter stocks and I love the single triggers and the large trigger gaurds on them. In my opinion they are perfect. In order to make them very light pull I needed to swap out the sear return spring with a lighter one that I get from ball point pens. I just take the lock apart and swap the springs and put it back together.

Nice no creep light pull single trigger that is as good as any set trigger set up anyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossie
I have a couple TC PA Hunter stocks and I love the single triggers and the large trigger gaurds on them. In my opinion they are perfect. In order to make them very light pull I needed to swap out the sear return spring with a lighter one that I get from ball point pens. I just take the lock apart and swap the springs and put it back together.

Nice no creep light pull single trigger that is as good as any set trigger set up anyday.
I curious to know how you got the idea to try this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

can u put up a pic i would like to try it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Well I first took the lock apart and polished all bearing surfaces and made sure there was no dragging or hangup of any of the parts and I noticed the lock still had a horrible trigger even though everything worked smoothly when that spring was out. I have several TC locks so I wasn't worried about not having a functional rifle.

I noticed that when pulling the trigger that the spring was what was providing the resistance so I wanted less resistance and a lighter spring would do that. I started taking pens apart until I found one just the tension I wanted and installed it. I want to make it very clear that <u>I am not instructing anyone on how to do this or recommending that they do it with their firearm; I accept no responsibility for anothers actions or decisions. I am only relating an experience that I have had and do not assume any responsibility for anyones actions.</u>
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks, mossie. I'm not about to tear my lock apart (I once dismantled a Model 94 action and almost had to take it to a smith to have it put back together. Glad the house was empty that weekend because I wasn't fit to be around until the gun was back in one piece).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:23 AM

Anyone have ANY idea how to improve a Firestorm trigger? Mine is horrible!

Don't let our differences defeat us.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 AM

It's the same exact lock Chumley. Just mark the way that the fly sits in there so you can put it back in right. It can be done with a little thinking no problem. I looked at it this way when I did mine; if I screw it up I would just send it back to TC and they would fix it. The two that I have tuned up right now I wouldn't let them out of my sight. The newly designed locks are great locks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page