Better Health for Next Year - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Better Health for Next Year

<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #333300">I thinking about how many days I felt aweful this season. I have had a sinus problem that went to my chest and lasted weeks....not days. Then I was hit with this severe virus....what a way to loose weight---heck I never lost that much weight during wrestling season....I guess I was wondering how many of you also found you lost hunting days due to not being tip top???
Having kids, a job, and other commitments, it seems I have not worked out much to get my body in better physical health. I am blessed by all that I do have but when you down for the count you cant do any of the other stuff. Im going to sure try to bike, walk, and lift weights agin prior to next season. Just a mile walk left me winded.
</span></span>

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
Isaiah40:31Wings of Eagles
Numbers6:24May HIS Face Shine Upon You
DeColores
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Better Health for Next Year

I to seemed to have it from Thanksgiving till now although I feel way better, some is still hanging on.I can't say I missed many of huntin days I was lucky enough to get a nice 8pt the 1st morning about 7:45 so not much time spent in woods during rifle season.Managed to hunt flintlock every Sat. and the monday after Christmas with the gang.No succsess for me but as a group it was our best year,5 doe and 1 small buck for 8-10 guys.Hpoe your feeling better,looks like the Jan. thaw might miss us this year,good month to get back in good health.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

I HEAR YA BUNKY.MY ARTHRITIS IS IN MY JOINTS AND AT TIME IS PAINFUL.I GUESS AT MY AGE MY BODY IS STARTING TO PAY ME BACK FOR WHAT I DID TO IT IN MY TWENTIES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 PM

Bunky, you need to do some righteous farm work all year round to stay in shape. Try lifting a thousand pounds of hay every day, carrying and stacking 100 pound sacks of feed and rounding up a few pick up loads of firewood every weekend. The Zimmerstutzen 50 acre health club will be open for business in a few days and I'll give you a special introductory rate. Morning bale lifting begins at 5:00
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Zimm my friend I might just take you up on the offer. As most of you gather on here I dont sit still much---I dont like TV much so over the 22 years my wife has gotten used to me coming in late from puttering around and working outside....After the screws were put in my lower spine I have cut way back to try to get a full 30 years at work. Even though disability might have paid more I like to work. Some of you must think---has he lost his mind?? I started my first job when I was 12 or 13...I got my SS Statement and it shows me paying now for 33 years....Heck most people at 46 havent payed that many years.

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
DeColores
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Way to go Bunky! I admire a person that isn't afraid of hard work.I'm responsible for hiring my guys at work and have found that it's getting harder to find people that really want to work.I've been in some back and shoulder pain also,probably from lifting weights,but it didn't keep me from hunting,Thank God.I really hope you feel MUCH better soon and can fully enjoy your time in the woods next year!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

pamusky--Thanks---by the way after my spinal fusion in June I was hunting from a lounge chair that winter. I did not pull the trigger for fear of the recoil but it was still better than sitting in the house. Just sitting in the woods in the snow with the animals is so peaceful....kinda gives me a vision as tohow Id like my last minute on this earth to be.

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
DeColores
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM

My Mrs had three back surgeries including a fusion. I am thankful she recovered as much as she has. In fact it is almost miraculous. I don't know that I could go through the long period of near helpless recuperation like she did.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 PM

Ahh, the getting older syndrome?? I used to Hunt way back in. The last time I was way back in I had my Son with me. I didn`t think I was going to make it back out!!! After Heart Bypass and what`s left of a busted Ankle, I realize my way back in days are over. I truly miss where I used to Hunt. I dragged a lot of Bucks out of that Hollow. I doubt if I will ever see it again. Anyhow, I am thankful and satisfied to clump up behind the House. And like Bunky said I wouldn`t mind meeting my Maker there.....
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The Man

Bunky, my hats off to you for wanting to keep working

I sure don't get around like I did 10 or 15 years ago, now days I pick my spots where I hunt. There was a time when I ran up and down these old river hills but nowdays I'm lucky to walk around the level trails.

You are dead on, it sure soothes the soul to sit along a hemlock lined stream in the new fallen snow and watch the Good Lords critters interact with each other.

For those who fought for it, Life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page