I finally got all my stuff together to get the .36 Seneca to the range. It was a little breezy, but other than that, it was beautiful. I used 30 grains of FFF, .035 Hornady RB's, .010 pre-lubed patches, and Rem #11 caps. At 25 yards, the first shot out of a cold, clean barrel landed about 3/4" low and two inches to the left. The second shot landed an inch further left, but about four inches high. I got a little concerned until my next two shots were all packed into about an inch group. I had to go all the way down on the rear sight to bring impact to where I wanted. For some reason, my windage would not adjust. I ended up twisting and deforming my little screwdriver tip. When I got home, I ripped the rear sight apart, but couldn't get it to budge more than a single revolution. To get it so I can use it, I drifted the front sight a little to make up for the lack of movement in the rear. I got to get it back out to the range, but all in all, I'm a happy camper! I think it is definitely capable of squirrel head accuracy if I do my part. After the season, I'll experiment w/ other powder charges and patches to try to tighten it up a little more.
In the pic, the upper group has three rounds in there, and below, is the first shot out of the cold, clean barrel. I guess it could have been me pulling the first shot. I'm always a little anxious shooting the very first shot out of any gun on its very first trip.
I was able to get five shots before the fouling started to make it a little rough to get the next ball down the tube. A quick brush and swab made it nice and smooth again. These small bore muzzys are a blast to shoot!