The Gauntlet Series by S. Thomas Bailey - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

The Gauntlet Series by S. Thomas Bailey

Here's something you traditionalists, and non-traditionalists, would enjoy especially if you have an interest in the French and Indian war era. They never really taught the F&I war in elementary school. There was a paragraph or so and then they skipped right to the Revolutionary War. When I was in school, I didn't understand why we were fighting the British in the Rev War when in the previous chapter the British were helping us fight the French! And it's like that today. My grand kids in fourth grade are getting it all screwed up. But no more...

Enter the Gauntlet Series by S. Thomas Bailey. Here's a series of books that start just before Braddock's defeat in Western PA. I recently purchased the four book series and read all four books in six weeks. I couldn't put them down once I started. I met the author at Fort Frederick and had him autograph the third and fourth book. In June, I met him again in Gettysburg at the "History Meets the Arts" festival and he signed the first and second book and I picked up the fifth book in the series. My wife reads constantly and I got her started on the series and she finished the books in three weeks...including the fifth book. She keeps asking if I've started the fifth book but I'm putting it off because I don't know when the next installment of the series is coming out; and the author said that the series will be continuing.

So if you enjoy that period in history, pick up a copy of the first book...I'll bet you can't put it down. Enjoy.

Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 05:19 PM

Re: The Gauntlet Series by S. Thomas Bailey

I tore through the first 3 myself.....will probably have to reread the 3rd one once I get my hands on the 4th and 5th book (Which i think IS out now?)

They sure did a lot of walking back then.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 02:35 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Gauntlet Series by S. Thomas Bailey

Always looking for good reads thanks I'll check them out.

If an inline is just like a flintlock why don't you get a flintlock so you can hunt more seasons?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page