Great Youth Opportunities - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Great Youth Opportunities

For the past several years our local Pheasants Forever Chapter has been accepting applications from youth with life threatening illness and/or serious physical limitations then selecting a couple of the youth and hosting them and their family for a weekend of high quality hunting and outdoor experiences.

Though we try to find qualified youth from Elk and the surrounding counties, because that is where the majority of the funding comes from, we are open to youth from outside the surrounding area when more local youth are not available. So far we have hosted three qualified families from Elk County and one family from each Warren, McKean, Clarion, Forest, Butler and Bedford Counties. When the applications come in they are sanitized by the Foundation and sent on to a committee who evaluates each applicant based on their application and condition without knowing who the youth and family are.

Where you can help this great program along is by helping us find qualified youth who would enjoy a special weekend of hunting, fishing, etc. for themselves and their family. Some years, including this one, we seem to have a difficult time getting applications submitted. I have to believe that is only because the qualified youth and their families donít know about what we do or the opportunities it provides.

If you know of qualified youth, especially from Central and Western Pennsylvania please encourage them to take a look at the following links.

Even though much of the information may presently refer to us as Quail Forever that is just a temporary mistake from our National Headquarters and should be corrected soon. We are indeed North Central Pennsylvania Pheasants Forever Chapter 630 instead of Quail Forever.

The first link includes all of the application process and required forms. The other links just provide more information on what our chapter is all about. The links also includes information on how youth, from anywhere, can apply for our annual Mentored Youth Pheasant Hunt.

Anyone with any questions concerning our youth programs is welcome to contact me.

http://www.pfwebsites.org/chapter/no...plication1.pdf

http://www.northcentralpapf.org/

http://www.northcentralpapf.org/youth/

Dick Bodenhorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 PM

Re: Great Youth Opportunities

Thanks for the info. A lot of groups doing good stuff out there that don't get recognized.

I'm so far behind I think I'm in first place.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Re: Great Youth Opportunities

I want to bump this back to the top again.

We ended up with three qualified youth and their families last fall, but it seems that we always have a difficult time getting applicants.

We are in the process of accepting applications again for this year's hunters. We also have a couple new hunting options for this year. Besides our normal pheasant hunts we also have an opportunity for a shooting preserve deer hunt.

Here is a link to our web site:

http://www.northcentralpapf.org/

Hopefully some of you can direct a couple qualified youth and their families our way.

Dick Bodenhorn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page