Looking for tips - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Looking for tips

To anyone who is a serious bear hunter and has had success I have questions. First off I know that bear have a large travel radius etc. but if you have a particular bear on a camera and consistently in the area what is the likelihood that they will hang around come bear season? Wondered if anyone has experienced seeing a bear during deer season and was a ble to get a shot at the bear when the season came in

Genesis. 21:20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:33 PM

Re: Looking for tips

The only bear I had a shot at was a constant visitor to my archery stand.If he's there in Oct and the food is still there, you will have a decent chance of seeing him.Try to figure out his schedule with your game cameras

yote addiction: a pack a day
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

the food around in october will dwindle long before the end of november.bears also won't travel far from the slleeping area to a food sight. if it takes more calories than they can consume to get foodthey wont be there. i would find a spot that has great cover with some food that will be available when season comes around. i've killed 4 and been along with close to 90 kills. we drive in a gang. best way to get them moving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:18 AM
The Man

Yep.

Nasty thick bedding cover within yards of a good feeding area.

demokraten saugen
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Exactly what Strut10 said. We hunt in stands in the thickest mountain luarel which has a standing corn field about 200 yards above it and more standing corn throughout the area. The area we hunt is deep pine hollows and thick, thick mountain laurel hillsides, with oaks so when there is a good mast crop of acorns its even better. But the thicker the better. Mountain laurel is the key if its in your area and find a food source. Find the food and you'll find the bear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page