Additional Bear Hunting Opportunities??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Additional Bear Hunting Opportunities???

This is posted on front page of 2012-2013 Hunting License Digest.

Has the extended firearms season(11/26-12/1) for WMU 3B been changed in anyway(as far as areas open)? I missed the News Release which covers exactly whut has been changed providing additional Bear Hunting opportunities.

Thanks for any input.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:54 PM
The Man

Re: Additional Bear Hunting Opportunities???

You can look up the news releases on the pgc website and check out what you missed.

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden811
You can look up the news releases on the pgc website and check out what you missed.
Thanx...guess this is whut the "Additional Opportunities" is all about:

May 02, 2012

Release #044-12

NOTATIONAL VOTE TO CLARIFY EXPANDED BEAR SEASON

HARRISBURG – The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners approved a notational vote to make a technical change to the final package of 2012-13 hunting seasons and bag limits for expanded bear seasons in Wildlife Management Units 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D.

The technical amendment, which will become part of the final adopted package, specifies there will be a three-day special firearms bear season from Oct. 18-20 in WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D for certain hunters. Those hunters are limited to junior and senior license holders, disabled person permit (to use a vehicle) holders, and Pennsylvania residents only serving on active duty in U.S. Armed Services or in the U.S. Coast Guard. Also included are persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for a license and hold a valid adult license, or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706.

This expanded bear opportunity runs concurrently with the special statewide three-day antlerless deer season for the same group of license holders, and was part of the original intent of the Board. However, the specific listing of this extended bear season was mistakenly omitted from the regulatory package voted on April 24.

In addition to announcing the results of this notational vote today, the results of the vote will be announced at the Board’s next meeting on June 26. As this was determined to be a technical change and not a substantive change, the Game Commission has been advised that no further vote is necessary.

Following is a recap of all bear seasons approved for the 2012-13 license year:

BLACK BEAR (Statewide) Archery: Nov. 12-16. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (Statewide): Nov. 17, and Nov. 19-21. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 3D, 4C, 4D and 4E): Nov. 28-Dec. 1. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (Designated Areas): Nov. 26-Dec. 1. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

- WMUs 3A and 3C;

- Portions of WMU 3B, East of Rt. 14 from Troy to Canton, East of Rt. 154 from Canton to Rt. 220 at Laporte and East of Rt. 42 from Laporte to Rt. 118 and that portion of 4E, East of Rt. 42; and

- Portions of WMUs 2G in Lycoming and Clinton counties and 3B in Lycoming County that lie North of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River from the Rt. 405 Bridge, West to Rt. 15 at Williamsport, Rt. 15 to Rt. 220, and North of Rt. 220 to the Mill Hall exit, North of SR 2015 to Rt. 150; East of Rt. 150 to Lusk Run Rd. and South of Lusk Run Rd. to Rt. 120, Rt. 120 to Veterans Street Bridge to SR 1001; East of SR 1001 to Croak Hollow Rd., South of Croak Hollow Rd. to Rt. 664 (at Swissdale), South of Rt. 664 to Little Plum Rd. (the intersection of SR 1003), South of SR 1003 to SR 1006, South of SR 1006 to Sulphur Run Rd., South of Sulphur Run Rd. to Rt. 44, East of Rt. 44 to Rt. 973, South of Rt. 973 to Rt. 87, West of Rt. 87 to Rt. 864, South of Rt. 864 to Rt. 220 and West of Rt. 220 to Rt. 405 and West of Rt. 405 to the West Branch of the Susquehanna River.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D) archery: Sept. 15-Sept. 28. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D) archery: Sept. 29-Nov. 10. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D) muzzleloader: Oct. 13-20. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D): Oct. 18-20. Junior and Senior License Holders, Disabled Person Permit (to use a vehicle) Holders, and Pennsylvania residents only serving on active duty in U.S. Armed Services or in the U.S. Coast Guard. Also included are persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for a license and hold a valid adult license, or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D): Nov. 26-Dec. 8. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 PM

Seems like PA has more and more bear kill every year.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho
Seems like PA has more and more bear kill every year.
Per predictions looks like this season will also be a good one!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Sage

Its a shame that kids only have Saturday to hunt for them. Maybe next year they can have two days (Sat and Sunday) to hunt them.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalThatFishes
Its a shame that kids only have Saturday to hunt for them. Maybe next year they can have two days (Sat and Sunday) to hunt them.
Why do you feel the need to drag Sunday hunting into every discussion ? I would be happier if bear season was still 3 days. Monday through Wednesday. I still hunted them when I was in school.

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 01:36 PM

I liked the Monday-Thursday deal myself. But I'm only a piece to the puzzle, so I'll hunt it like they have it!

PSE Omen
*HHA 0L-5019
*QAD HD
2A
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

I've got to agree with G.C. I preferred the 3 day season starting on Monday.. Record's will ALWAY'S be broken if you keep lengthing the season's and add more way's to kill them.. Add 20 more game's to the baseball season, and you'll see record's fall. When comparing record's it has to be done on an even playing field..

As for kid's... Do good in school and you'll be rewarded and be able to take off a few day's for hunting.. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but you have to earn thing's in life and not have them handed to you on a silver platter..
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35Whelan
I've got to agree with G.C. I preferred the 3 day season starting on Monday.. Record's will ALWAY'S be broken if you keep lengthing the season's and add more way's to kill them.. Add 20 more game's to the baseball season, and you'll see record's fall. When comparing record's it has to be done on an even playing field..

As for kid's... Do good in school and you'll be rewarded and be able to take off a few day's for hunting.. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but you have to earn thing's in life and not have them handed to you on a silver platter..

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page