The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Successful Bruin hunters. Question

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  George H. 
#1 ·
So you bag the bruin and check it in at the check station, then what have you done? Do you take it to the taxidermist to have the hide removed, and then the carcass to the butcher. Or to the butcher and then the hide etc to the taxidermist. Appreciate some input on this.

#2 ·
Mine went from the check station to my house for overnight(it was late by the time we got it out), to the taxidermist first thing in the morning the next day. They skinned it out(I'd rather have my taxi do the skinning, then some chop shop butcher)in about 5 minutes, and wrapped the carcass in game bag material, and I drove straight to the butcher after that. Call your taxidermist before you go, and see if he has the stuff to wrap your meat and keep it clean for your trip to the butcher. If not, you'll want to take it with you.

#10 ·
I took mine directly to the taxidermist after the check station. A few hours later I picked up the carcass and butcher the meat. If you do take it to the taxidermist also take along a new tarp so they can wrap up the carcass in it to keep everything nice and clean.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.