Re: Bear hunting anyone?
I have a camp just outside of Oil City Pa., Iím currently looking people with an interested in bear hunting, specifically driving bears that do not have a place to go. Over the past few years the number of people attending bear camp at my place has drastically dropped off, mostly due to the physically demanding mature of driving bears. Which is the chosen method behind our madness. As of right now myself and a buddy will be staying at my camp, there will be four others meeting us at camp that live locally. This will be our 7th year of hunting bear season from my camp; weíve killed two bears, and saw a third bear. So our success rate has been fairly decent.
The nuts and bolts:
1. Weíll head up on Friday November 18th, hunt Saturday the 19th, play some cards (normally just holdem a friendly $5.00 game or two to pass the time) drink a few beers on Sunday the 20th, and hunt Monday the 21st leaving at the end of the day.
2. Iíll make a menu, purchase all of the food, and we will split the bill equally. If not then we typically end up with way to much food or someone complaining that they did more than the next person.
3. Youíll need money for food & cards, personal hygiene products, hunting gear, a sheet, pillow, and sleeping bag. A four wheel drive would be a plus to assist hauling hunters. B.Y.O.B, a cooler with ice for you beer.
4. We have three plots of posted/leased land to hunt one with 2000 acres, the second with 1000 acres in another, and the third has 300 acres. If you are looking for location to hunt on your own in the future this would not be the hunt for you as these are all leased properties.
5. If you do not like cops, this might not be the group for you to make friends with.
Iím looking for serious inquiries only, if you have an interest but are not 100% please do not tell me that you will be there then back out last minute as you may be taking a spot away from someone else. Keeping that in mind, once again in the past few years it has been a struggle just to get a few people together to head up, do not be shy. If thereís an interest shoot me a PM, Iíll answer them in the order they are received. Please keep in mind this is a physically demanding hunt and is not a hunt for younger hunters or older hunters.
I'm not looking for anythign in return, just good times, with good people. A good scenes of humor is a must.