SW PA bear group looking to join group up North - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

SW PA bear group looking to join group up North

Howdy all,
I reside in WMU 2C and have formed quite a stout bear gang over the past 6 years.

We hunt in 2C all bear season but aren't privy the high end private land where the bear live around here. We are stuck with over hunted public land, very little private, and even less corn fields. Rival bear gangs hold most of the good property.
Additionally, Westmoreland only kills about 25 bear a year so the odds are against us from the get go.

We scout for about 2 months prior to the season and always have a few handfuls of bears picked out. We set our sights on those locations and hunt them hard but many are killed during archery and muzzleloader so we are unknowingly left hunting ghosts.

We pound the thickest, nastiest stuff, and/or feed all season and don't see squat other than some old poop or the occasional track.
We normally don't have a November snow so that doesn't help.

After 6 years of sun up to sun down, driving every day of the season and only taking 1 bear, we are looking for better options than what 2C has to offer.

I wanted to get a head start this year looking for a Northern PA bear gang that has room for some more guys. Camp or not.
Our crew has been whittled down to about 16 strong from the 25 we use to have due to safety, or other concerns. All are good, safety conscious, dependable guys but I doubt all would go North.
We plan to hunt the ML season around 2C but want to head North for the rifle season for a better opportunity.

If you have an opening for a small group of us to join up, message me.
We are VERY willing to help scout!

Thanks,
Dan

HEY BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ridgerunnr; Today at 08:08 PM. Reason: Because
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in