Canadian border closed!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Canadian border closed!!!

Man I sure hope the border reopens in May for my spring bear hunt I have planned with the wife!!
TBrom and blackpowder like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I saw that and was thinking of the guys that had hunts and fishing trips planned. Hope you and they make it.
blackpowder likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:24 PM

I feel ya! I have five hunts booked this year and they're probably all in danger. One has already been cancelled and the next one is scheduled for the middle of next month. Have my fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 08:05 AM

Yep, could be a problem, keep yer fingers crossed.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 08:31 AM
New Arrival

My cousin and I have been talking about going on a Canadian fishing trip for years, but never pulled the trigger. A month ago, after going to the NRA show in Harrisburg, we planned a trip for the end of June. We put down the deposit, ordered our passports, and started looking into buying new gear. We've been excited for weeks. It would just be our luck if we couldn't go now.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrike View Post
My cousin and I have been talking about going on a Canadian fishing trip for years, but never pulled the trigger. A month ago, after going to the NRA show in Harrisburg, we planned a trip for the end of June. We put down the deposit, ordered our passports, and started looking into buying new gear. We've been excited for weeks. It would just be our luck if we couldn't go now. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]
I hear ya on that one. We’re in the same boat here. Both hunting since we were 12 and never hunted out of PA. Finally bit the bullet and decided to do a bear hunt as a “honeymoon” from our 2018 wedding and now this. Fingers crossed everyone. Be safe out there.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 08:48 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

hopefully they will get a grip on this virus and things will get back to normal and the guys that have out of state and out of country hunts can take them.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 08:58 AM
The Man

PJ Media has a piece on Trudeau regarding the border closing that may be of interest to those concerned about being able to cross. How true it is? It has exceptions and US citizens are one of them. ????
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 09:54 AM

I know of two different guys that got burned by the Frenchies when the bottom fell out of the Quebec caribou hunts. The herd collapsed, the season was cancelled, and their deposits were lost. I think those outfitters knew that it was the end of caribou hunting, and weren’t concerned about future bookings. They also knew that a US hunter wouldn’t have a lot of luck using legal action in THEIR court system.

The nature of the problem here is different, hopefully short lived, and gets a different response from the Canadians.

If I was betting, I’d say hunting and fishing trips won’t happen this season.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 01:49 PM
Regular Visitor

I've seen and read different stories that we could be dealing with this virus for the next 12-18 month. I have a Newfoundland moose hunt scheduled for mid September and I'm not worried about cancellation yet but I have put off buying plane tickets until things start to calm down. Thankfully I have confidence in the outfitter that we can work something out if this season is a bust.

USAF retired
NRA Life Member
RMEF Life Member

Life is hard, it's harder if you are stupid--John Wayne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page