Looking for a bear to hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 8Likes
  • 1 Post By PABearcrew
  • 1 Post By lynxone
  • 1 Post By lynxone
  • 2 Post By TBrom
  • 2 Post By clermont
  • 1 Post By bohunr
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
TBrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PA Mercer County
Posts: 1,345
Back To Top
Looking for a bear to hunt

Really late notice, but the bear I planned on bowhunting this year was trapped and now I'm scrambling to find another one to bow hunt during the firearms season. Not looking to hone in on somebody's honey hole, but any suggestions on what part of the state (and area) a fellow may be able to scout up a bear this week?
TBrom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 10:22 PM
New Arrival
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Butler,co
Posts: 27
Back To Top
There really killing alot just north of North bend Clinton county..
TBrom likes this.
PABearcrew is online now  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:59 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,208
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABearcrew View Post
There really killing alot just north of North bend Clinton county..
You will earn one in that country...plenty of bear but more than enough cover. Hard to pattern deer or bear to ambush, laurel, rhododendron, and side-hill. Whatever is not on the sides already will be Sunday morning. Been "scouting" that area forty three years. Awesome area.
TBrom likes this.

Intelligence without wisdom is Modern Society............
lynxone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 07:52 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Coureur De Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern 2G & Northern 4D
Posts: 4,323
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxone View Post
You will earn one in that country...plenty of bear but more than enough cover. Hard to pattern deer or bear to ambush, laurel, rhododendron, and side-hill. Whatever is not on the sides already will be Sunday morning. Been "scouting" that area forty three years. Awesome area.
Scuttle butt is you guys got them all this year.
Nothing south of Renovo, no food, and from the little scouting Ive done so far, and the lot of scouting a friend has done, its true.
Good luck to you, I know were going to need it.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
Coureur De Bois is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 02:47 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,208
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coureur De Bois View Post
Scuttle butt is you guys got them all this year.
Nothing south of Renovo, no food, and from the little scouting Ive done so far, and the lot of scouting a friend has done, its true.
Good luck to you, I know were going to need it.
There is no food on the north side of the river either................Try Lick island in Cameron County....
Coureur De Bois likes this.

Intelligence without wisdom is Modern Society............
lynxone is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
TBrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PA Mercer County
Posts: 1,345
Back To Top
Shout out to the HPA community and especially RegularJoe. After starting this thread he contacted me and today I made the journey to meet up with him. Not only is he a great guy but he introduced me to a fabulous property complete with several bear trails and fresh tracks. He put new life into my bear season. I'll be pulling out early in the morning with a lot of anticipation. Now all I need is a bear to cooperate so I can get an arrow into it. Thank you, RegularJoe
bohunr and Lackawanna Fox like this.
TBrom is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:06 PM
The Man
 
clermont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: S.E. Pa.
Posts: 5,611
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrom View Post
Shout out to the HPA community and especially RegularJoe. After starting this thread he contacted me and today I made the journey to meet up with him. Not only is he a great guy but he introduced me to a fabulous property complete with several bear trails and fresh tracks. He put new life into my bear season. I'll be pulling out early in the morning with a lot of anticipation. Now all I need is a bear to cooperate so I can get an arrow into it. Thank you, RegularJoe
RegularJoe doesn't sound so regular. Good luck TBrom and thanks to RegularJoe.
bohunr and TBrom like this.

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G
clermont is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: erie, pa
Posts: 13,265
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrom View Post
Shout out to the HPA community and especially RegularJoe. After starting this thread he contacted me and today I made the journey to meet up with him. Not only is he a great guy but he introduced me to a fabulous property complete with several bear trails and fresh tracks. He put new life into my bear season. I'll be pulling out early in the morning with a lot of anticipation. Now all I need is a bear to cooperate so I can get an arrow into it. Thank you, RegularJoe

just remember that location is between you and regular Joe. please do not go back unless he says its OK...proper thing to do.


best of luck and a giant shout out to RegularJoe for his unselfish act..
TBrom likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
bohunr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome