western elk hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dgc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
dgc
Frequent Contributor

western elk hunt

hey folks I put a post on here about this before and didnt have any takers thought I would check again Im looking for someone to join our crew to go out west for a archery elk hunt is a back country hunt so being in shape is important a good area with OTC tags Ive been in the same places 4 times and have always done well even passed up smaller bulls on last day because big boys were just out of range
were we go in doesnt get a lot of pressure but their is an outfitter in the area too and we see him sometimes
let me know if anyone is interested we can chat,talk and see if they may be a good fit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Where you hunting at ? Colorado I suspect.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
dgc
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylow View Post
Where you hunting at ? Colorado I suspect.
No been to Colorado had good trips but like Idaho much better less hunters and much bigger bulls and lots more elk . well at least where Ive been
Laylow likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Part of the Community

Your brave inviting someone you don’t even know. Being in shape isn’t half of it. You need the mentality to keep yourself motivated each morning and if you get the opportunity to stand over a dead elk you’ll need to throw him on your back and carry him out. Elk hunting and camping in the backcountry is best as a team so picking the right person will be a challenge. Almost all my friends hunt but out of 15 of them I only trust 1 to take with me as my partner. His feet might stink like death every night in the tent but he’ll hunt all day everyday and carry meat. I trust my life with him or I wouldn’t even ask him. Everyone wants to hunt the west but when you invite them you’ll here excuse after excuse. Idaho is where it’s at fellas. So good luck in your search and choose wisely.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
dgc
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbuck153 View Post
Your brave inviting someone you donít even know. Being in shape isnít half of it. You need the mentality to keep yourself motivated each morning and if you get the opportunity to stand over a dead elk youíll need to throw him on your back and carry him out. Elk hunting and camping in the backcountry is best as a team so picking the right person will be a challenge. Almost all my friends hunt but out of 15 of them I only trust 1 to take with me as my partner. His feet might stink like death every night in the tent but heíll hunt all day everyday and carry meat. I trust my life with him or I wouldnít even ask him. Everyone wants to hunt the west but when you invite them youíll here excuse after excuse. Idaho is where itís at fellas. So good luck in your search and choose wisely.
LOL yes I know this too well figured I have quite a bit of time getting to know someone if Im going to invite them
every time I plan a trip lot want to go and it makes me laugh case they never do
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 07:18 PM

I agree 100% with that last statement. Lots of buddies want to go until you tell them the shape you expect them in. Last time I ended up going solo which really hindered the range where I felt comfortable trying to kill an elk. I may be interested if my list of buddies that say they're going don't start purchasing some gear real soon.

"live and learn, and then catch fish"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page