Suggestions for 2020 fall bear hunt outfitters - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Suggestions for 2020 fall bear hunt outfitters

This is totally new to me. I have hunted outside of pa (not for bear) but have never hunted/booked with an outfitter, so ANY suggestions are more than welcome......

I am looking to take my son, who is a junior in college, on a bear hunt as a late high school graduation / early college graduation present. He plays college baseball so a spring hunt is out of play. His school and fall baseball season start on Sept 1 so it would need to be before that. Ideally for us the last week of August would be best but I know (through researching) that's a little early for a fall hunt.

Again, ANY input or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Get 'em down and keep 'em down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 08:53 PM
New Arrival

Check out Cedar Ridge Outfitters in Maine. I was just there grouse hunting. Supper nice older guy. His main thing is bear hunting and I now he said their bear season was in August. Pretty sure he said his success rate this year was 76%. He is at the Harrisburg sportsman show.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thank you I will check him out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Part of the Community

PB Guide Service in Maine is who I use. Their price is all inclusive. Good success rates, fantastic food, and you wonít be stuck bunking with people you donít know. They are 100% fair chase. Each group gets their own bunkhouse. Maineís season should also accommodate your time constraints. Hunts run from an arrival on Sunday afternoon hunt Monday through and including Saturday with a Sunday morning departure.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 03:01 PM
The Man

I hunt with Stony Brook Outfitters in Wilton Maine. Bob Parker is top notch.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 05:34 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensity247 View Post
This is totally new to me. I have hunted outside of pa (not for bear) but have never hunted/booked with an outfitter, so ANY suggestions are more than welcome......

I am looking to take my son, who is a junior in college, on a bear hunt as a late high school graduation / early college graduation present. He plays college baseball so a spring hunt is out of play. His school and fall baseball season start on Sept 1 so it would need to be before that. Ideally for us the last week of August would be best but I know (through researching) that's a little early for a fall hunt.

Again, ANY input or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
I don't know when your baseball ends in the "spring" but if you went to Newfoundland, their "spring" bear season runs clear into July. I have taken bears up there up to the end of June myself, and if you go into that time frame you can get into some pretty good fly fishing for Atlantic salmon. Plenty of good outfitters up there. Just tossing that out there. Best of luck to you.

Also, if you look at Alaska, their black bear season is open year round in most places and the limit is three. Find a black bear outfitter up there and they could accommodate you at any time.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for the info guys! I’ll definitely check them out. It’s looking like Maine might be better for us given the season dates and when we can go.

I looked at doing a “later” spring hunt when he finishes the school year in May but he leaves for a summer league that he got an invite to right away and won’t be home until the beginning of August. Then he starts back to class Sept 1.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page