The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Strategies for Muzzy bear

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  casey 
#1 ·
I plan on using my RMC flintlock and sit in the morning in a tree stand and then when I get bored start walking and stalking. Late afternoon I plan on getting back in a tree stand near where I had recent tree damage to my fruit and chestnut trees.

I wonder how many groups will be out there putting on drives?

Reactions: bohunr
#7 ·
Just going to watch a hillside and see what going to move. I can use rifle last 3 days . then I'll go to my deer stand area and watch the fields below the hill. They been hitting the corn. Maybe get lucky and they will move.
Just thinking about the weather being to warm and the checking of the bears if we do get lucky. guess ice will work.

#9 ·
I'll be in my pop-up blind on a large piece of land that me and my buddy oversee.

We run 22 trail cams year-round and the hottest place so far is on a pipeline that goes through the property.

The bears come out of a swamp cross the pipeline and hit the scrub oak ridge to feed.

We have 9 different bears and wrote down what day and times they show up so I'll see what happens this coming week.

I'll be shooting a custom .50 cal flintlock that I bought today at Dixon's Gun Works.

Beautiful gun made of curly maple.

Good luck to all.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.