Affordable Maine/Canada Fall Bear Hunts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Affordable Maine/Canada Fall Bear Hunts

I realize that they everyone’s definition of “affordable” is different, but I was just curious as to what kind of prices people were charging for fall bear hunts. My uncle and cousin were looking to go again as they haven’t in nearly 20 years and we’re just kind of wondering what kind of prices are out there. A couple places they’ve looked so far are $2000 and up for a 5 day hunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:46 AM
The Man

$2000.00 a week is about the going rate for a Maine or Eastern Canada hunt. Mid West Canada about twice that.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Part of the Community

I booked a hunt with true north outfitters at this past outdoors show in Harrisburg for $1900 for Fall 2020. Kory Leslie the owner was a straight shooter from what I can tell. I can't wait! It's in Southeastern New Brunswick so the drive won't be bad at all. Good luck with your search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:32 PM

$1800-$2000 Canadian for eastern Canada is pretty typical for a week long spring hunt with a reputable outfitter with lodging and meals. Tags and tips will be extra of course.

The outfitter I go with had a slammer deal for this fall. $1000 Canadian for a 4 day hunt with lodging. No meals though. The hunters went 4/5.
bohunr likes this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Regular Visitor

Always wanted to try BC Spot and Stalk for giants. It’s definitely at least 2x an eastern hunt and logistics add to that significantly. I think for a good hunt now in BC/Western Canada with someone like Skinner Creek flying from PA I’d budget at least $6k. It’s a different experience and will take more time as well considering getting to the camp and back.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Regular Visitor

Doug at Skinner Creek has a very good reputation though.

For those mentioning New Brunswick, do any of you know if Skiff Lake Outfitters is still around? As a kid my uncle hunted there and killed some monster whitetail and a few bear. I’d heard a guide bought it but nothing from there in quite awhile. I think the last I checked the site was down or maybe just not running right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page