2019 Bear Harvest: Will It Be A Record?? - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Part of the Community

As long as the couple in the area around my house are shot Iíll be happy

Reward Equals Effort. Nothing is Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:45 PM

No, I hazard that guess because of all the archery hunters I know who think they are world class shooters and aren''t and all the muzzleloaders who think they are Daniel Boone!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asajoe1 View Post
No, I hazard that guess because of all the archery hunters I know who think they are world class shooters and aren''t and all the muzzleloaders who think they are Daniel Boone!
I think the 3-day Special Season rifle sharpshooters will pick-up the slack and clean-up!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:09 AM
The Man

I think Daniel Boone would love to hunt with a scoped inline and the bullets we have available today!

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanookOdaNorth View Post
I think Daniel Boone would love to hunt with a scoped inline and the bullets we have available today!
Nah....ole Daniel would say that's not traditional!! lol

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser06 View Post
I don't think the archery/muzzleloader/early rifle season will effect much....but I do think if weather plays along, the season could be one for the books. Last year's weather saved a lot of bear in the traditional high take areas. Guys simply couldn't get to areas they normally hunt.

On the same note, some areas of the NW didn't get so much of the weather but we had snow and the harvest was a good bit higher than normal so those areas may be a little lower..
If weather does play along this coming season should and will be one for the books.
Loggy likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Amen on the weather!! I know last year First Saturday I spent most of the day waiting on a local logger to come & full my truck out of a ditch I slid into!! Per local reports I wasn't the only one plus a lot of hunters stayed home.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:06 PM
New Arrival

I believe it will more than likely be a record harvest. We will definitely be hunting them when all the bears are most actively feeding and none should be denned up yet. It’s funny someone else mentioned about the amount of bears that will be wounded because myself and some coworkers were discussing that last week. Before I get jumped all over I am fully aware many deer and bear are wounded with rifles, I’ve done it unfortunately and have been with others who have to, we all have.I also enjoy hunting with the in-line and with the bow and have taken many deer with each, but I’ve also seen a few and have heard of a lot of deer that no one can understand how they got away and unfortunately more of those have been with the in lines. I’m just afraid there are goin to be quite a few bears that get holes poked through them and don’t bleed in the first 40 yards and guys just assume they missed or bears gettin smacked in the shoulder and getting away. Personally I am goin to be taking the in-line I just hope everyone realize bear are a completely different animal.
Loggy likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 06:13 AM

Being just a little bit earlier than usual, there could be more pregnant sows harvested this year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page