Pa elk draw questitons - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:24 AM

they are bastardizing the system and process all in the name of money.

if you apply for all 3 and get drawn more than once, then you should be allowed to have the tags as the tags are for separate seasons, they cant have it both ways.

i get a buck tag, i get a doe tag, then i apply for and receive "Bonus" tags...i can fill all those tags..right ?

so...why limit me to one elk if i get more than one tag ?

i will not apply this year or possibly ever again due to this change. its just for the money. hopefully my withdrawl will increase your chances of success.
John Schweigart and Laylow like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Maple View Post
LOL. So basically they are going to subtract tags off the regular season draw(making it harder to draw), to provide tags for the new seasons.
The goal is to spread the hunt out over multiple seasons.

From the PGC press release on the topic:
Quote:
The board also voted to issue 142 elk licenses (32 antlered, 110 antlerless) for 2019-20, but two additional elk seasons and lottery drawings for licenses have been added. For the one-week general season to run Nov. 4-9, 27 antlered and 71 antlerless tags have been allocated. An early archery season open only in select Elk Hunt Zones will run from Sept. 14-28, with five antlered and 10 antlerless licenses available. And there are 29 licenses available for a late antlerless-only elk season to run from Jan. 4-11.
All licenses will be awarded by lottery, and hunters must apply separately for all seasons they wish to be eligible to hunt. Each application costs $11.90, meaning hunter can enter all three drawings for $35.70. Individuals can be drawn for a maximum of one elk license per license year.
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
If someone enters all 3 & is drawn say in the reg season draw(assuming this would be the first draw)...I guess your entry in the archery & late drawings would be removed?
Loggy, if like in the past, you have your choice. Couple years ago a guy drew a cow tag for the regular season then drew the KECA tag the following day. He could only pick one. (pretty obvious choice, lol)
bohunr and Loggy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlank View Post
The goal is to spread the hunt out over multiple seasons.

From the PGC press release on the topic:
Alot of people with max points, have let the BOC know the frustration they have with the draw process for the elk season. This is how the BOC decided to fix it? Take tags away, and plop them in another season and they can start applying without those accumulated points!
bohunr and Laylow like this.
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
they are bastardizing the system and process all in the name of money.

if you apply for all 3 and get drawn more than once, then you should be allowed to have the tags as the tags are for separate seasons, they cant have it both ways.

i get a buck tag, i get a doe tag, then i apply for and receive "Bonus" tags...i can fill all those tags..right ?

so...why limit me to one elk if i get more than one tag ?

i will not apply this year or possibly ever again due to this change. its just for the money. hopefully my withdrawl will increase your chances of success.

Because you will only be paying for one elk tag. Yes you will pay the application fee for all applications, but not all the license fees. I would like to know if a person applies for all the seasons and gets drawn for the first or second season, are they automatically voided if the get drawn again for another season, if not how will they be able to notify the applicant they were drawn and do they accept the license before all the tags are gone, or will there be three different drawing dates. This sounds like it could be a real goat rope!
bohunr likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not pleased that my maximum points will bump me out of the new draw system. I understand I can still use the points for the regular season but I would like to have applied them to the archery season.
bohunr and Curly Maple like this.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Because you will only be paying for one elk tag. Yes you will pay the application fee for all applications, but not all the license fees. I would like to know if a person applies for all the seasons and gets drawn for the first or second season, are they automatically voided if the get drawn again for another season, if not how will they be able to notify the applicant they were drawn and do they accept the license before all the tags are gone, or will there be three different drawing dates. This sounds like it could be a real goat rope!
John,
My guess the draw for all 3 seasons will happen at the same time, during the Elk Expo. You can only purchase 1 elk license so you would pick which tag you want to purchase. The others would be void. Has happened already with the regular drawing and KECA drawing.
bohunr likes this.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Maple View Post
Alot of people with max points, have let the BOC know the frustration they have with the draw process for the elk season. This is how the BOC decided to fix it? Take tags away, and plop them in another season and they can start applying without those accumulated points!
Has nothing to do with people with max points not being drawn. Has to do with spreading seasons and hunters out. The biologist saw a problem with the hunt, recommended the seasons to the BOC and got approval.
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 AM

I'd be so happy to get drawn for any of them I would care less what they do with my other applications.

On another note; this is really going to confuse the h*ll out of the kid behind the counter at Walmart. I've experienced a couple of occasions where adding the extra money for the elk application jacked them all up.
bohunr likes this.

Last edited by TBrom; 05-10-2019 at 11:05 AM.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlank View Post
John,
My guess the draw for all 3 seasons will happen at the same time, during the Elk Expo. You can only purchase 1 elk license so you would pick which tag you want to purchase. The others would be void. Has happened already with the regular drawing and KECA drawing.
Even so, unless they draw alternate names, other applicants could be could be left out if they can't notify the winner of two tags before the drawing was over, unless I am missing something.
bohunr likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page