Snowshoe Elks killed - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Snowshoe Elks killed

Just read this, two Elk Shot during rifle season and left to rot in Sproul near Snowshoe.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/1...entral-pa.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 10:22 PM
The Man

What a bunch of crap. I hope they catch them and fry them.
bohunr, 10der222 and jarentz like this.
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 07:37 AM

I was hunting near Snow Shoe the first week of deer season. I saw more elk than I did deer. Last year, I read someone shot a bull elk in the same general area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I wish for nothing more then these scumbag(s) get caught and prosecuted.. makes me sick
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 11:50 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie View Post
I was hunting near Snow Shoe the first week of deer season. I saw more elk than I did deer. Last year, I read someone shot a bull elk in the same general area.
I've been seeing more and more elk in that area the past couple years. And it's very nice to see them. Can't even begin to understand why some idiot would do something like this. It really angers me.
bigguy54 likes this.
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 05:23 PM

Yea Kudu, it is a shame someone would be that malicious. I pretty much live my life minding my own business, but I would go WAY out of my way to report the low lifes responsible for this. Three or four years ago I dumbed onto one of the 3 bulls killed above Karthaus. That bozo got caught a couple nights later, killing a couple more.

I haven’t seen an elk at my place in Moshannon yet, but they are living within a mile of me. I’m not looking forward to the day they set up shop there, as I have 32 fruit trees and several large gardens. Many of the folks living in the Mountaintop Area aren’t fans of the elk...many feel the elk take precedent over the deer herd. I feel there’s room enough for both. I don’t think this incident was an anti elk statement, more likely a kill for thrill knot head. Hard to believe someone mistook 2 elk for deer.
bigguy54 and Woods walker like this.

Last edited by Bigbrownie; 12-29-2018 at 06:15 PM.
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Yea Kudu, it is a shame someone would be that malicious. I pretty much live my life minding my own business, but I would go WAY out of my way to see report the low lifes responsible for this. Three or four years ago I dumbed onto one of the 3 bulls killed above Karthaus. That bozo got caught a couple nights later, killing a couple more.

I havenít seen an elk at my place in Moshannon yet, but they are living within a mile of me. Iím not looking forward to the day they set up shop there, as I have 32 fruit trees and several large gardens. Many of the folks living in the Mountaintop Area arenít fans of the elk...many feel the elk take precedent over the deer herd. I feel thereís room enough for both. I donít think this incident was an anti elk statement, more likely a kill for thrill knot head. Hard to believe someone mistook 2 elk for deer.

Call the GC now and ask if you qualify to fence around your trees.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47studebaker View Post
Quote:
Yea Kudu, it is a shame someone would be that malicious. I pretty much live my life minding my own business, but I would go WAY out of my way to see report the low lifes responsible for this. Three or four years ago I dumbed onto one of the 3 bulls killed above Karthaus. That bozo got caught a couple nights later, killing a couple more.

I haven’t seen an elk at my place in Moshannon yet, but they are living within a mile of me. I’m not looking forward to the day they set up shop there, as I have 32 fruit trees and several large gardens. Many of the folks living in the Mountaintop Area aren’t fans of the elk...many feel the elk take precedent over the deer herd. I feel there’s room enough for both. I don’t think this incident was an anti elk statement, more likely a kill for thrill knot head. Hard to believe someone mistook 2 elk for deer.

Call the GC now and ask if you qualify to fence around your trees.
The game commission no longer provides funding to landowners in the elk range who are dealing with elk damage.

You would think with all the money they make selling that special tag every year, they could put some fences up.
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Yea Kudu, it is a shame someone would be that malicious. I pretty much live my life minding my own business, but I would go WAY out of my way to report the low lifes responsible for this. Three or four years ago I dumbed onto one of the 3 bulls killed above Karthaus. That bozo got caught a couple nights later, killing a couple more.

I do not condone the killing of these elk by any means, but I believe you will totally change your mind on this statement when the elk walk through your yard in the spring of the year and make it look like a pasture field. As for them being a mile from your place and havent found your precious fruit trees or garden, just wait. You will be singing a different tune my friend. I just love this friggin site. Smoke and mirrors
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Big Man View Post
I do not condone the killing of these elk by any means, but I believe you will totally change your mind on this statement when the elk walk through your yard in the spring of the year and make it look like a pasture field. As for them being a mile from your place and havent found your precious fruit trees or garden, just wait. You will be singing a different tune my friend. I just love this friggin site. Smoke and mirrors
Iím aware of what of damage elk can do, and if need be, Iíll pay for fencing to prevent it. I doubt Iíll be changing my tune any time soon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page